Fly Box Name Tag

bobbyc21fish

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just curious to see how some of you guys put name tags on your fly boxes. Right now I just have a piece of tape that says my name, address and phone number. It is written in pen. Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks a lot,

Bobby

TeddyBallgame09

Reaction score
Labels from a Brother label maker work well for me...and are not permenant like a Sharpie...which, once on a box...looks a little "bootleg" if you have to cross it out...just picture "nymphs"...with a line through it...and "Dries" written under it...you get the picture.
:)
However...if you are just writing your name and contact info...a Sharpie may be the way to go...since some nefarious individual who comes across your lost box could simply tear off tape or labels...permanent marker has it's advantages here.
Good luck!!!

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I do mine two ways
Some have just my name and phone number written with a Sharpie,
others have a return address label covered over with packing tape

cattech89

Reaction score
mine are easy to identify:

If found do not open, box contains Hepititus B

havent lost a box in almost 20 years of fly fishing
ROTFLMBO!!! Holy crow, I just about spewed my drink all over the place!!! I just might have to steal that idea.

Tracker12

Reaction score
Not sure the Hep B thing will prevent it from being lost. I have not lost any yet but I have come close. This is a good question. I have used the sharpie method but would like something that is not so permanent. Waiting for that great idea someone came up with.

bjweller

Reaction score
I just use permanent marker. It doesn't seem to wear off, even if the box gets wet. I did find a great flybox floating down the Arkansas last spring. Had it had any info I would have returned it. I also posted on this forum to see if I could locate the owner. So I think it is a really good idea to have your ID on there somewhere.