The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 PM

boone is on a distinguished road
Default western fly fishing trip sponsor?

As some of you know i am planning a trip out west this summer. A friend and myself will be fishing Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana over the course of about a month. We will be camping and fishing the entire time. One thing that i was wondering about is sponsorships for the tip. There are a lot of costs that over the course of the trip will add up. From gas to tippet and leaders to flies that get lost ( hopefully to big fish) and things like socks and other clothes that would be needed to camp/fish for a month. We are definately saving up and will do it as thrifty as possible, but, my question is; does anyone know someone who would or would anyone who has the resources be able to sponsor us in someway. I'm not asking for a full fledged sponsorship by any means but some tippet here or some flies there would be GREAT!!! We would be happy to display stickers or wear clothes or whatever from the sponsoring party and would definately tell anyone who would listen about the awesome favor that we recieved.

Has anyone ever received a sponsorship?
What did it take for you to recieve the sponsorship?
What company(ies) did you get it from and who did you contact to set it up?

Thanks for anyone who has any leads on any of this we really do appreciate it!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:43 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: western fly fishing trip sponsor?

Me too, if i can get a sponsorship i would take a long fishing trip as well!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:38 PM

well, its not if i get a sponsorship i'll go, its i'm gonna go and need all the help i can get HAHA. but i definately see what you're sayin.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 AM

I dont get it?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

OK guys lets give Boone a chance.

Hi Boone,

Looking for a sponsor on your fishing trip may be an impossible task. Most sponsors need to have some value to put up sponsor money. That value is usually a celebrity, or someone in the business that has a name. A known person who may be writing a book or making a movie could probably get some money for a trip. But that money would come from his Publisher.

Have you thought about asking your family to help. A Grand Parent, an Aunt or Uncle, Brother or sister, your mother or father. They would be more likely to give you some support. Now if you can turn you trip into something that will make someone want to sponsor you, then that would be great.

Frank
Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

It's a pretty good idea. Not sure how you would make it work, but you may contact flyshops in the areas you plan on fishing directly. You would have to give them some idea as to why they would benefit.....banners on your car as your traveling etc................nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.

I have a bit of an idea on how to make money during a 30 day backpacking trip via the internet.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:27 PM

i think that some people might have the wrong idea of what i'm asking for. I am in no way asking for someone to cover my whole trip or give me a huge some of money. The word sponsor has come to mean that someone is backing you completely, i'm just looking for a little help here or there if people are willing and able to give it. Just something small. And i'm not begging either just asking if there is anyone who knows anything about the steps it takes to get a sponsor. I'm not so ignorant as to think that some company or person is gonna see me, with no "name" or anything and want to cover my trip.