The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 AM

basher is on a distinguished road
Default what's your favorite river?

Share your ideas on what your favorite river is and why.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 AM

rowdy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: what's your favorite river?

The Credit River in Ontario.
Brookies & Browns in the Headwaters..Salmon & Steel in the main. Smallmouth in summer & Pike in spring!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:54 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

The Little red, it's 3 minutes from the house and I catch 10-15 bows and browns, and a chance to catch a brookie or cut.
Bear
Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 AM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about

Du Sourd River (loosely translated Deaf River). Flows in a provincial wildlife reserve in sw Quebec. It's about an hour drive from home. Plenty of brookies and now landlocked salmon (12 inches avg.) Second would be the Ste-Marguerite in the Saguenay region for sea-run brookies and atlantic salmon.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
The Credit River in Ontario.
Brookies & Browns in the Headwaters..Salmon & Steel in the main. Smallmouth in summer & Pike in spring!
Damn Rowdy, I never thought I'd see my favourite river mentioned by somebody else on NAFF -- I fish more on the Upper Credit (where I started all this fly fishing "foolishness" LOL LOL) -- love those browns and brookies!!!!
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

The Little Sandy will always be special to me. It's where my son landed his first stream-caught rainbow. See my avatar.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 AM

eaglesfn68 is on a distinguished road

spring creek, state college PA
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Basher,

Talk about a tough question, I guess any river or creek beats no river or creek but I have to go with the Kenai River here in AK. I have fished a lot of different water but this one is a real grab bag.

When you feel a heavy pull on the line all bets are off! It could be the biggest Rainbow or Char you ever saw, or the new state record Salmon.

Otherwise I could bore you all with a list of rivers but this one is closer than the others so..................Kenai
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

The brook that flows through my back yard
Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

There are too many to choose from and all for different reasons. The Pit River for it's consistancy, the East Walker for it size of fish and the Truckee for it's location.