The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Fly Question

It is quite an advantage to fish with another person or two, at least as far as figuring out the bite is concerned. With two people send the first with a hatch matcher (even if it is not the right time of the day yet), maybe even with an emerger trailer. Second guy should go with a nymph or a current hatcher. If you have a third, pound all of holes last with a streamer. I have used this method multiple times. Sometimes its a tie, and other time we all end up fishing emergers after 20 minutes.

I enjoy having a good bit of water to wade that holds alot of trout. In that case, I throw a dry about 8-10 good times and then move to the next stump, log, eddy etc. This is a luxury, sometimes you only have 3 holes to fish and you just have to figure it out and/or wait it out. I have caught fish that I spooked with the wrong fly or errant cast after about a 15 minute rest and a new approach.