The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 AM

saltflytyer is on a distinguished road
Default hello all!

Hi, my name is Steve, I live in Southern California, I love tieing all kinds of saltwater flies, deceivers, crazy charlies, bonefish critters. I also like all sorts of fly fishing besides the ocea, small trout, steelhead, salmon. I also really like checking out flies other people have tied and as soon as Iget my camera to work will post some hand tied saltwater flies.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: hello all!

Hi saltflytyer,

Welcome to the forum. Saltwater flies can be fun to tye and even beautiful. We have some really cool flies in the FAQ fly tying section. You might want to look at some of those. We could use some saltwater flies in the collection.

What is your target fish in Souther Cal? I don't remember many flats in that area.

Frank
Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltflytyer View Post
Hi, my name is Steve, I live in Southern California, I love tieing all kinds of saltwater flies, deceivers, crazy charlies, bonefish critters. I also like all sorts of fly fishing besides the ocea, small trout, steelhead, salmon. I also really like checking out flies other people have tied and as soon as Iget my camera to work will post some hand tied saltwater flies.
Welcome aboard Steve, my wife is from Central CA, Looking forward to seeing some of your ties.
Bear
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Steve, welcome to the board. We have a bunch of SW guys on here, as well as a lot from CA. Most of my SW fishing is here in the NE for striped bass, as well as a few scattered trips to the Keys here and there. Looking forward to your posts.

peregrines