The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 01:03 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hello From the cold rivers of Montana

Just wanted to say hello, I'm a new member living in Bozeman Montana that is addicted to fly fishing. It's snowing here and has been cold, but there has still been some really good fishing. I'm a streamer junkie, so I consider any time of year to be good enough to fly fish.

Anyways, nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to learning and hopefully I will be able to help. If anyone needs information about the rivers in Montana I would more than happy to answer any questions.

I'm actually going to be looking for information on fly fishing southern Canada, been to the rivers around Fernie but that's about it.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello From the cold rivers of Montana

on the forumevrytime I see the word Montana...it makes me dream
Old 11-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

fishalong. I'm with jbbfly about the Montana dream. Looking forward to your stories.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:10 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

Welcome and enjoy! Always good to have another Montana guy on the forum. Make sure to drop by the Rocky Mountain Range threads once in a while. Somebody always has a question about Montana in that section and you might just be the guy to help out.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about your area of the country, you have some fabulous fishing opportunities up there.

Larry

Old 11-28-2010, 05:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my welcome too! Ex-wife (we still have lots of contact ... all good) just moved to Hamilton, Montana this past week. Amazing photos coming through on her web photo board.

Being she was born/raised in Northern California, this will be interesting to see how soon 'Oh the snow is so beautiful' will ware a bit thin.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Hello from Oregon, fishalong. You live in a beautiful place, i am envious. Welcome to the forum, these guys have tons of knowledge.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:06 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I think I could easily get behind having a little fishing cottage somewhere in the Paradise Valley.

Nice location!

Pocono
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road

Welcome, fishalong.

The people here are top notch. Extremely helpful and patient with all kinds of questions — very unforumlike. I just posted a few questions about your geographic slice of our great nation. Looking forward to getting out there in July 2011!

Cheers!
Michael
Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 PM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

fishalong, welcome and congrats on the move to Montana. I envy you. I'm in Iowa and we have very few trout venues.

BTW, please tell me what you use for fly's when fishing in winter conditions. I'm curious because I fish in western Nebraska on occasion and may have a trip this winter.

Best Regards, Boser