The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 PM

pc40chas is on a distinguished road
Default setting the scene

Attachment 1669i was looking through some pictures and came acrossed one of my most prized possesions. my tent.10'x14' floor w/ 8.5' ceiling, 10'x10' vestibule and a wood burning stove. 2008 mid april in the allegahny mnts in pa. opening day, early morning, coffee is on the stove, the dense fog is rolling out, clean crisp mtn air, way too many flies tied from being cooped up all winter, and a cold mtn stream full of hungry trout. now thats fishing. this picture and story have no relevence to anything.....except, april is just around the corner. i hope this brightens somebodies day, like it did mine when i seen that tent again. fish on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tent.jpg (87.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Benford is on a distinguished road
Default Re: setting the scene

very nice, i love the feeling of camping out near the river and fishing all day and eating what you catch. i'll take that over a beach vacation any day
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Amen ..... What else is there to say
Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 PM

ErnieBall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc40chas View Post
Attachment 1669i was looking through some pictures and came acrossed one of my most prized possesions. my tent.10'x14' floor w/ 8.5' ceiling, 10'x10' vestibule and a wood burning stove. 2008 mid april in the allegahny mnts in pa. opening day, early morning, coffee is on the stove, the dense fog is rolling out, clean crisp mtn air, way too many flies tied from being cooped up all winter, and a cold mtn stream full of hungry trout. now thats fishing. this picture and story have no relevence to anything.....except, april is just around the corner. i hope this brightens somebodies day, like it did mine when i seen that tent again. fish on

Amen! --- Where do you hail from? I am going to be fishing Allegheny National Forest this year.. any tips?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

By God I wish I were there right now!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You bet, that sure helps the winter pass, thanks for sharing!

Larry
Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

The smell of wood bruning, the sound of the river, a cup of coffee and bacon and eggs over a campfire, fish like hell all day the first one, then kick back and have a glass of single malt, and get into a more relaxed rythem the rest of the trip. Can't wait untill I get back out there. Thanks for bringing back some great memories for me.
Bear
Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 AM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for sharing, I too would take that over a beach vacation.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

I have been so fortunate to have spent many trips in the Alaska wilderness. I don't know how it can be any better than that. Moose hunting, bear hunting or fishing, the sounds and sights are beyond description.

The numbers of fish can be uncountable. To wake up in a little two man tent at spike camp and find bear tracks going right past the tent. To see bears fighting or mating. Watching a fox laying in a snow bank sunning his belly. To watch a young male bear come a mile across a mountain to a female with three cubs. Then the female beats the tar out of the male who limps off into the brush. Seeing new cubs just out of the den with their mama. The cubs wrestling, fighting and crawling over momma until she slaps the devil out of them. To see five whales herding Herring into a ball. Then forming a circle and diving down and coming up through the herring with their mouths open. Riding along in a loaded twelve foot Zodiac and have a pod of whales surround the boat. When you turn to get away they move with you, again and again. To watch a Water Ouzel diving and chasing minnows right at your feet. To see a tree so covered with Bald Eagles that you can't count them all. To see Salmon trying again and again to get up a falls. To see streams so full of Salmon that you can't see the stream bottom.

The three best things that I remember the most is: 1. Doing it with your best friend. 2. Catching the biggest trout of your life. 3. Last but not least, hearing the forlorn cry of a Loon off in the distance. I love Loons.

Frank