The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: UPDATE- Casting for Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_fysh View Post
I just checked your shipping and it will go to Bend!

Thanks Larry!
Pam: Ok, sounds good, this will really help us out, thanks!

Larry

Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Only a few days left to order and guarantee that it will be delivered before Christmas.
If you need a nice gift for the lady in your life, give her a warmer, besides it's for a great cause.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Pam: Just wanted to say thanks for the great idea for Christmas presents and going for a great cause to boot! Some of Rose's friends are going out of town so we have been giving them their xmas presents early and they have been a big hit! Thanks again!

Larry

Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

Just wanted to say how pleased I am to see how successful this has been so kudos to you Pam for initiating this and even more so for matching the commissions you are already donating. And to the members supporting this well done one and all!
Happy Christmas!
Paul
Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 PM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Pam: Just wanted to say thanks for the great idea for Christmas presents and going for a great cause to boot! Some of Rose's friends are going out of town so we have been giving them their xmas presents early and they have been a big hit! Thanks again!

Larry
I have catalogs here to mail to you, I haven't forgotten, just haven't braved the post office yet! I'm glad they have worked out well for you. I'm here if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor View Post
Just wanted to say how pleased I am to see how successful this has been so kudos to you Pam for initiating this and even more so for matching the commissions you are already donating. And to the members supporting this well done one and all!
Happy Christmas!
Paul
It's been a pleasure to put my efforts and commissions towards such a great cause. Not to mention sharing such a great and safe product with others.
Merry Christmas Paul!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Still time to order towards the fundraiser. Fundraiser open until Christmas Day! I'll be available if anyone has any questions about scents or products.

Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Pam decided to keep the fundraiser open until Dec 31st just in case anyone else may want to make a purchase.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

An update.....

After Mrs Fysh sent the donation on behalf of NAFFF and her Scentsy business matched the funds, she received a letter from the kind folks at 'Casting For Recovery' expressing their appreciation. They invited her to volunteer with a fly fishing retreat they have planned for breast cancer survivors/patients during Labor Day weekend 2011, at The Homestead Resort in the Heber Valley. Pam eagerly jumped at the chance to help.

Last night we were invited to Park City, Utah for a social and dinner with other volunteers. At this event was the National Director and 3 other Regional Directors with 'Casting For Recovery.' These are some amazing ladies who work very hard promoting this program and helping cancer survivors learn about the sport we love so much.

The women that attend the Casting For Recovery Retreat receive everything they need to get started fly fishing, from waders, boots, rod & reel, vest, flies, etc. Along with basic casting instruction, basic entomology, knot tying info, and one on one assistance with a riverhelper to guide them along the way during a day of fly fishing.
Pam will be volunteering all three days of the retreat and I will be helping on Sunday as a riverhelper.

Casting For Recovery is a great organization doing wonderful work. So far they have 45 retreats in 32 states yearly, and their hoping to eventually have one in every state. This years retreat is the first in Utah. Pam and I are very excited and thankful for the opportunity to be involved.
How You Can Help – Casting for Recovery

Thanks to each of you that helped with the fundraiser.

More to come.....

Last edited by fysh; 03-20-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to add to what John had to say....

I am looking so forward to this opportunity. I've already met some incredible women and I look forward to being a part of the upcoming training and retreat.

I am honored that John and I have been chosen to volunteer.

They also accept fly donations if you would be interested in helping that way.

If you have any questions, please let me know. If I don't have an answer, I will find one for you.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Pam: Congrats on getting chosen as a volunteer, I know you will serve them well! What a great program to support!

Larry

Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 PM

I thought I would post an update for those of you that helped with the fundraiser at the end of last year AND for anyone interested in helping this wonderful organization.

The Utah retreat was held this past weekend and I have nothing but praise for this organization. What a great opportunity for us fly fishers to share our passion for the river, nature and fishing.

This experience gives the women an escape from the stress and worry of dealing with and healing from cancer. These women were so grateful for their experience. So many said that they felt so honored to be chosen as a participant. As a volunteer, I felt the same way...so honored to be able to spend this time with them, sharing the fly fishing world with them.

I will be volunteering again next year, in fact, I can't imagine not being a part of this.

Here is a photo of the entire group, participants, volunteers, national and regional coordinators.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is John on the river with a participant.

And myself with a participant.

I would encourage each of you that have this opportunity available to you to participate. They need river helpers (guides) at each retreat. You can submit an application online at Home Casting for Recovery I promise you, you will not be sorry you chose to spend 4 hours helping them out.

Some caught fish, some didn't...but it wasn't about the fish. I can't even put into words the feeling I had when my participant hooked and landed her first fish. The tears and words she shared with me while standing in that river will never be forgotten. For me, knowing I helped her forget about the battle she was going through for a few hours was better than any day on the river fishing for myself.

Thanks again to all of you who helped out!