The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 PM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold
Default UPDATE- Casting for Recovery

***update posted at the end of the thread***

Hi all,

I'm new here, but my hubby, fysh' is not. I've contemplated joining the forum for a while and when John showed me the article on Casting for Recovery, I knew I wanted to be a big part of helping out. I contacted Frank and he has obtained permission for me to post here and invite all of you to join in helping this wonderful cause. Article: Fishing charity hits the headlines

My sweet grandmother was taken from me way too early. She was my hero and a victim of breast cancer. I love the concept of Casting for Recovery, allowing these women an opportunity to escape from the horrors of this disease and give them a day of distraction and nature therapy.

I have a Scentsy business. Scentsy is not just a product that I am in love with; it has provided me with an opportunity to donate funds to many different causes, but because of my passion for fly fishing, this one is very exciting for me.

What is Scentsy? Scentsy is a safe, wickless alternative to burning candles to fragrance your home. A Simple System … Scentsy Warmers use a low-watt bulb to melt specially formulated wax slowly, maximizing the fragrance time of the Scentsy Bar or Scentsy Brick. With no flame, soot, smoke, or lead, the Scentsy system is a safe way to enjoy more than 80 delightful Scentsy fragrances.

I am providing you with a link to my site and I am pledging 100% of my proceeds (my commission) from sales to NAFFF members to Casting for Recovery. I will not profit from these sales AND I am also pledging to match the proceeds raised by the NAFFF members with a personal donation. (Up to $500) This fund raising event is open now and will run through December 25th.

Scentsy makes a great gift; it’s a product that is excellent quality, safe, fun and easy to use. Adults love the Warmers, Room Sprays, Travel Tins and there are Scentsy Buddies for the little ones. Orders placed before December 18th will be delivered before Christmas! (December 15th for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and Canada.)

You can find my site at: Pam's Scentsy Site - Helping Casting for Recovery. Please place your order by clicking the open party titled “NAFFF – Casting for Recovery.” Ordering is done though a secure server and the order will be delivered directly to you from Scentsy.

I look forward to working with you to help this great cause. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Pam

Supported by NAFFF and Fish&Fly

Last edited by mrs_fysh; 09-05-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: UPDATE- Casting for Recovery

Pam: That was too good to pass up, a chance to help Casting for Recovery and a nice gift for the wife! Thanks!

Larry

Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 PM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Larry!

You staying warm up there? It's already colder than I care for down here.

I know I'm looking forward to summer already, hoping we can spend some more time together on the Green and maybe even a South Fork float. I'll bring the tomatoes!

Take care,
Pam
Old 12-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Pam,

I saw this but have to figure out who to send them to. We always contribute to the fight aginst brest cancer. The aggresive type is what took my mother away from us.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I am here to tell you I stand behind Mrs Fysh's product 100 %

Almost two years now, I quit smoking....everything...LOL
I love pretty or fresh smelling air now and something that just does not come naturally.
Funny that I smoked for many years, but I will not buy candles with wicks. I know you don't have to light these and can use warmers, but these wax squares are sooooo simple.
I am not afraid to leave them on either. They are a "NIGHT LIGHT" that is all, but they multi task in a great way.
The wax squares are inexpensive, way less than candles. And if you want to change scents, just pour the wax in one of the little containers and let it harden to use later on.

I bought my first at a grocery store, but I noticed Fysh's signature so I pm'd him and then got a hold of Pam. Smart move on my part.
I love the warmers too. I bought the units that plug straight into the outlet. Red for my bedroom which has red in it and White for my living room that is green with white trim.
Very pretty.
Never break and light bulbs are cheap (night Lights). No effect on my bill that I can see.
I am melting a forest square that actually smells like a forest of pines, but not over powering.
I am sold on these and will continue to use them...even one in my trailer..LOL
Thanks Fysh and Mrs....I am with ya all the way.

OH, and GREAT GIFTS!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

You folks are awsome!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_fysh View Post
Thanks Larry!

You staying warm up there? It's already colder than I care for down here.

I know I'm looking forward to summer already, hoping we can spend some more time together on the Green and maybe even a South Fork float. I'll bring the tomatoes!

Take care,
Pam
Pam: We are in a warming trend, all the snow is melting like crazy, nice relief from earlier in the week when it was brutal cold with wind making going outside downright miserable.

Yes, I miss summer and those floats on the Green already! We need to think about getting a float together next year on the South Fork so you folks can get a chance to meet up with Kelly and his sons, they are really nice folks. I'm sure hoping the tomato crop is better than last year. My daughter-in-law had some nice plants but the tomatos never really took off. The cold wx crops did pretty well.
Take care!

Larry

Old 12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

We still need to do the overnight trip down the Canyon, two days of floating would be better. Maybe Clint will be up for it as soon as he gets the new boat too. I know Davo is up for it.

Rose will enjoy the warmer. Our house always smells yummy!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
We still need to do the overnight trip down the Canyon, two days of floating would be better. Maybe Clint will be up for it as soon as he gets the new boat too. I know Davo is up for it.

Rose will enjoy the warmer. Our house always smells yummy!
An overnight trip on the SF would be great!

That is exactly what I was thinking, in the past she has really enjoyed candles, but we don't do candles anymore so the warmer should fill the void nicely.

Larry

Old 12-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great and generous idea Pam...should order something from you soon.
My mum's best friend died of breast cancer...the day she died her kids were at home ,I was playing football with them when their father came to tell them their mum was dead...I'll remember that day all my life.