The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:21 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lets C your Fly Tying Station

I took some pictures of the "fish room" once for a thread like this.
After I saw them on the computer screen I decided that I didn't want anyone to see that I lived like that.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Click the image to open in full size.

I could only hope!
This is plumbob's castle. World champion tyer and all around good guy.
My room is a desk covered with metal, fur and feathers. Not viewable for decent folks.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:40 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Lets C your Fly Tying Station

Note to the appropriate Administrator/Moderator: It would make sense to combine this thread with the similar, but older, active thread, "Let's see your tying station". Less confusing, also - I note that some members are now posting the same posting on both threads.

FWIW
Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

It's no where near what the pics above show but here is my home away from the rest of my house. I have it in my garage so I can be as messy and loud as I want and everyone stays away.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Old 12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Fly2Fish,

I will wait till this thread is finished and combined it with the other one. I have done this before but new threads keep turning up. Threads lose their identity when they get combined so I don't like to do it with an active thread that already has many post. I will make it a sticky this time. Maybe that will help to limit new threads.

Frank
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Lets C your Fly Tying Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Fly2Fish,

I will wait till this thread is finished and combined it with the other one. I have done this before but new threads keep turning up. Threads lose their identity when they get combined so I don't like to do it with an active thread that already has many post. I will make it a sticky this time. Maybe that will help to limit new threads.

Frank
Hi Frank,

That makes lots of sense. Making the combined thread a "sticky" might help keep new redundant threads on the same topic from continually popping up (not that it's a bad thing to have new expressions of interest in the topic of an old thread). I'm guessing that what usually happens is that the older thread becomes "stale" and disappears from ready view to those unaware of it.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:53 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

After some discussion I decided to move my tying area inside and I'm happy with it's new spot. I just need to add a light.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 PM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice

one of two.."The Winter Run"
looking into heaven
Looking out from heaven
Summers grounds..

Last edited by dang old king; 01-03-2011 at 02:42 PM.