The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Big vs Small

I hate getting skunked. No two ways about it. It doesn't minimize my enjoyment of the outdoors, but it is never as fun as catching fish.

I have to admit that big, challenging fish are really fun to catch because it feels like you worked through some kind of puzzle and figured it out. Even if it is just one or two. However, once I catch a couple fish, the day is good as long as I am in a beautiful place with a good fishing partner.

Oh. did I mention that getting skunked sucks.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big vs Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattech89 View Post
Fish, big fish, small fish, even no fish, it doesn't matter to me. It's just all apart of the experience. Im just happy to be out and away from it all.
Agree 101%!

But, when I tell fishing stories, it always seems to be about the big one..... and all too often it's about the big one that got away!

Pocono