The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Tred Barta is a Jerk!

A little snippet from a recent episode of the "Worst of Tred Barta"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94OoSksenEE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94OoSksenEE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thank god I was also able to find a great parody by the Urban Anglers, which makes fun of the monumental Jerk.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUxUvjbDcRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUxUvjbDcRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 AM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tred Barta is a Jerk!

I did not watch those but I dont like Tred. He takes way to risky and long shots at running animals with his trad equipment. Way too unethical
Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 AM

throwdown is on a distinguished road

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!! He is the embarresment, not to mention another rich, arrogant PR$CK.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:17 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

Part of what he says is true, but it is true with all sports. I have met a few fly fisherman that thought their poo didn't stink, but the other 99.999% are some really great people. Most fly fisherman are very sharing with info and even locations ( try to get a bait guy to give you a honey hole) I think it has nothing to do with fly fishing it is more from individual personalities. As for Tred I have not watched his show since I watched it with my sisters 4yr old and he started cussing like a sailor. I even emailed the network and told them he should be taken off the air or put on late at night, they never replied
Old 02-28-2009, 12:04 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

I agree with Jimw, there are those folks in all groups, it does seem a little worse in certian ones though. Almost all flyfishing guys and galls I have meet have been good people, hell the bass tournament trail is one of the wrost for stuck up and ******* behavor. As for Tred, I have NEVER liked him, he has done things that are not only wrong but plain dangerous for not only him but for everyone around him. He has raised hell about useing a ground blind for hunting, has killed hogs with a big bowe knife, and the last show I seen of his(only about the first 2 seconds LOL) HE came on braging about being the worlds BEST biggame fish expert, I think Larry Dahlburg is WAY better then this piece of ****, as for as I give a hoot Tred outa be droped off in the middle of South America with nothing and left. He is one of the hunters and fishing people worst enamy and one of the anti's best friends. I dont use the word hate often but he is one I use it for.
One last thought. has anyone else noticed that alot of the stuck-up, better then every one esle people are often the worst fishermen on the river or lake lol
Bear
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about

First, I never heard of the guy. We don't get his show up here. I have seen arrogant snobs fly fishing, especially on atlantic salmon rivers. But they are a small minority. And what is said in this thread is true: most flyfishermen(women) will gladly let you have a go at a good spot or share their knowledge without being condescendant. And also, I have seen hardware fishermen look down at me in my old canoe and fly rod while they whip past me in their metal flaked bassboats with the music blaring. You meet these sorts in every type of outdoor sports in general. Not surprising really!

Well, that was my rant for the day. Thank you.

Marc.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:34 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to watch his show for the laughs. In the circles Barta travels in, there
just might be plenty of FF'ing snobs. Tred has his faults, and he admits to that. He admits that goose hunting with a recurve bow was a long shot (no
pun intended), as well as the coyote hunt out on the plains. I thought the
grizzly bear he bagged was a bit on the young/small size, etc. Oh yeah!
The knife hunt for hogs was a riot! The first time I saw that episode, I turned
the TV on just as he went Norman Bates on a hog. The guide told him he didn't need to stab them so many times, but that's Tred.

Funny thing is, he's often shown in his hunting room, with a zillion rifles
and shotguns along the wall. I think the producers wanted to highlight the
bow hunting aspect of a Type A personality, and that's what they got. Barta's comments about FF'ing don't offend me in the least. He's not referring
to me, and if he gave away all his gear, I wish I had been in the neighborhood
that day! He has used FF'ing gear on the show, so...That's Barta!

P.S. If I went fishing with Barta, and he yelled at me, I'd have to toss him overboard...LOL!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:49 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

The guy needs to get laid. Plain and simple.
For Tred (why would a mother name a child that?)- An open letter to you buddy-
Tred, I love fly fishing. It's my choice of fishing. Anyone can fish with a worm, Power bait, spinners, spinner baits, trolling, and a fly. The only type of fishing that is not boring to me is fly fishing. Listening to your rant is boring and elitist.
I think the fly fishing world is better off with one less elitist egotistical, senile old fart like you anyway.
Good luck in your new venture, whatever that might be.
And if you can't find a woman, buy a dog. You might enjoy either one.

Signed, your elitist friend,
Alan
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

His kid's name is Hunter, and that's really bad...LOL!

Let's not forget Lefty Kreh's well-known comment about FF'ing.
That doesn't make Barta less of a Barta .
Old 02-28-2009, 08:23 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

haha I think stonefly crawled up his butt or something! sounds jealous of fly fishermen to me? hey Tred if you think I am better than you cause I fly fish then thats your fault. and to think I thought I only liked fly fishing cause it was challenging and fun? now come to find out I do it cause I wanted to be way cooler than Tred and his baitcast rod!!! haha

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.