The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Caution: Stolen boat (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/82375-caution-stolen-boat.html)

dryfly87 12-14-2010 01:15 AM

Caution: Stolen boat

Hi everybody,
Still new to the site but I thought I'd post this for my sake and anyone looking at buying a drift boat. I recently had my Hyde signature series drift boat stolen from me while fishing the South Holston river below the Weir Dam. Just trying to put the word out. From what I have heard boats can travel far quickly so even you guys out west may run into it. Quick description: 06, maroon/white, G4, only floated 4 times so looks new. Also, big rip in the guide seat that I glued a piece of clear vynal over, maroon color matched trailer, all options. Thanks guys

P.S. Homeowners insurance will only cover $1500 of any stolen boat in the great state of NC.

milt spawn 12-14-2010 01:23 AM

Re: Caution: Stolen boat

Sorry, have not seen the boat. Has the car been recovered?

Hardyreels 12-14-2010 03:05 AM

Darn sorry to hear something like this. I hope the boat turns up for you.

Ard

mcnerney 12-14-2010 04:57 AM

Do you have a photo, that would make it a lot easier for someone to spot. Sorry again about your loss!

Larry

franzenangler 12-14-2010 06:46 AM

Tell Rod Champion at the South Holston River Fly Shop. He'll be able to get the word out around the area. Also do you mind if I copy this thread for you on a forum I use that's all about the SouthEast? Half the guys on it fish the Holston on a regular basis.

dryfly87 12-14-2010 12:31 PM

Yes please, re-post wherever you please. Also I only had the boat for a month before it was stolen. I know I have a picture somewhere I just need to put my hands on it.

Thanks guys

Jimmie 12-14-2010 01:05 PM

Either on here or somewhere else there was a guy talking about checking e-Bay and Craigslist. He found his stolen fly rod after it was posted for sale within a couple of days. He said that they caught the guy but didn't say anything about getting his rod. Worth a try. I hope that you get it back.

ant 12-14-2010 01:22 PM

Sorry to hear about that! I'm going to repost this with a link back to this thread, in the event that someone has info and can contact you directly.

Let's hope that Karma decides to be a MoFo.

franzenangler 12-14-2010 01:23 PM

I just put it on the other forum. Here's the link, best of luck finding it.

franzenangler 12-14-2010 04:20 PM

How long ago was the boat stolen? The owner of the aforementioned shop asked if it was the same one from a few months ago. So obviously there has been someon targeting boats in the area.