The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 AM

dryfly87 is on a distinguished road
Default Caution: Stolen boat

Hi everybody,
Still new to the site but I thought I'd post this for my sake and anyone looking at buying a drift boat. I recently had my Hyde signature series drift boat stolen from me while fishing the South Holston river below the Weir Dam. Just trying to put the word out. From what I have heard boats can travel far quickly so even you guys out west may run into it. Quick description: 06, maroon/white, G4, only floated 4 times so looks new. Also, big rip in the guide seat that I glued a piece of clear vynal over, maroon color matched trailer, all options. Thanks guys

P.S. Homeowners insurance will only cover $1500 of any stolen boat in the great state of NC.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 AM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caution: Stolen boat

Sorry, have not seen the boat. Has the car been recovered?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Darn sorry to hear something like this. I hope the boat turns up for you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a photo, that would make it a lot easier for someone to spot. Sorry again about your loss!

Larry

Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

Tell Rod Champion at the South Holston River Fly Shop. He'll be able to get the word out around the area. Also do you mind if I copy this thread for you on a forum I use that's all about the SouthEast? Half the guys on it fish the Holston on a regular basis.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:31 PM

dryfly87 is on a distinguished road

Yes please, re-post wherever you please. Also I only had the boat for a month before it was stolen. I know I have a picture somewhere I just need to put my hands on it.

Thanks guys
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Either on here or somewhere else there was a guy talking about checking e-Bay and Craigslist. He found his stolen fly rod after it was posted for sale within a couple of days. He said that they caught the guy but didn't say anything about getting his rod. Worth a try. I hope that you get it back.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear about that! I'm going to repost this with a link back to this thread, in the event that someone has info and can contact you directly.

Let's hope that Karma decides to be a MoFo.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

I just put it on the other forum. Here's the link, best of luck finding it.

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 12-14-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Removed Link
Old 12-14-2010, 04:20 PM

How long ago was the boat stolen? The owner of the aforementioned shop asked if it was the same one from a few months ago. So obviously there has been someon targeting boats in the area.