The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Utah folks, you need to speak up on Bill 187..

It isn't over yet, bill 187 has been reintroduced.
I urge you to contact your local State represenative and let them know this bill needs more review with a common sense approach in the next session.

Here is a link to find your Represenative.
Utah House of Representatives

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice
Default Re: Utah folks, you need to speak up on Bill 187..

I've emailed mine a few times. We need to put more pressure on our end and be more proactive than reactive. What else can we do?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

It got shot down again today, and yet it has risen again!!....again!!! Crazy!!!

Here is a link to help keep up on proceedings.
http://scarles.org/blog/

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-06-2009, 10:01 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Ferry's putting pressure on other Republicans and he's not going to hear their bills if they vote against him. It's time to get rid of the cowboy caucus. Get the republicans out and the Dems in.

And this coming from a life long Republican. I just can't take it anymore. A new Democrat that's against gun control, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and Hollywood wannabe politicians.
What's up with that.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Another link that may be helpful in "wading" through this BS....

Action

Old 03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

My local Rep lives just down the road from my In-Laws and my 2 BIL grew up with him.
He just so happens to support H.B.187 and has the lower Weber River flowing through his dairy farm. Almost sounds a bit conflicting eh?

Old 03-07-2009, 02:56 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

This is where you ask him if he's voting for it because of his own selfish interests, or he's voting for it in the interests of his constituents. And we all know the answer to that one don't we.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

I just got word that this was defeated again today! Here is the link:

http://utahwaterguardians.wordpress.com/
Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

Could someone tell us what Bill 187 is all about?

Frank
Old 03-10-2009, 01:18 PM

Hi Frank,
I don't know all the details, but here is what I can inform. In a nutshell, Bill 187 was going to cut off all public access to rivers, streams etc..that crossed or entered on private property. The public had access, and still does, to all the water as long as we stay in the water/river bed and enter the water on public land. I hope this makes sense, anyone else know more detail please chime in.

This is huge for Utah and wish all states would follow.

Clint