The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default good deal?

i won an auction recently for a brand new sage fli 590-4 for 177 dollars. it arrived today, and it's legit. totally unused, no scratches or anything and a blank warranty card. so how did i do?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
i won an auction recently for a brand new sage fli 590-4 for 177 dollars. it arrived today, and it's legit. totally unused, no scratches or anything and a blank warranty card. so how did i do?
That's a good deal,this rod isn't made anymore and many people didn't like the colour but if you like it and enjoy fishing with it don't care about what people say
Old 12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Sounds good to me Casey, a few years back I bought a new Sage VT2 9' 7 weight on auction for $260. I had been selling a lot on eBay and they had provided me with a 30% coupon to use any way I choose so..............I got the rod New with tags and card for $182 every now and then you actually get a deal.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-18-2010, 07:12 PM

dryfly87 is on a distinguished road

This probably a good deal. The only thing you need to look out for here is if a guide/fly shop employee sold it. We in the industry get pro deals. Most of these rod companies require you to put your name on the rods so as to not re sell them but the less expensive rods: Fli, Winston Vapor, Scott A2 etc you do not. When a rod company sells the employee/guide a rod they take down the serial number. If you break the rod, send it in and they see the serial number belongs to someone who purchased the rod on a pro deal, they typically will not fix it. Not to discourage you but that is something you should look out for in the future
Old 12-24-2010, 03:58 PM

bent rod is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a very good deal.
Purchased a Sage 9 1/2' RPL 9WT 4 PC, with warranty card this summer
in Boston, thru a classified ad: $100.00.

I felt like "Jessie James"
Old 12-24-2010, 04:08 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

wow.....good job on that. that's a "steal" of a lifetime!

ARFE
Old 12-24-2010, 04:40 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal. Even if they don't honor the warranty, they will fix it for a small additional fee. Chances are you won't break it, so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:02 AM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about

That's amazing. I have a Sage FLi 5 wt and I adore it. I also have a Scott that cost a lot more money and my Sage is still my favorite rod. I have had the Sage for about 18 months and used it 100 times in two states. It has taken a beating as most rods do and it still works great. You are going to love that rod.

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock