The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Took my buddy fishin

I posted this under the fly swap thread yesterday as a side note, but wanted to share a couple pics as well.

I was proud of him, and as you can see from pic two, he was pretty proud of himself as well.

I took my buddy (my 7 year old) fishing yesterday, way windy but we had a good time. He was heaving flies on his spinning rig (a split shot and bobber too) Nailed a brown, but he ran the boy into some tree roots and rocks and snapped him off. First thing he did when we got home is call his grandpa and brag

Click the image to open in full size.

and (after the snag)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Took my buddy fishin

Way cool! Fishing with your children is a blessed time together. Nice photos.

Larry
Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Thaks, wife went with us and took the photos, too windy for me to rig up the fly rod and fish with him, plus, while he has a pretty good cast, I sure did not want to be behind him, or out in front of him while he was casting. As it was I had to duck a few times.

d
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Dave-

Great pics, in the first one, your boy looks like he's hooked into a tuna!

And what a smile, it looks like you all had a great day.

Great stuff. You're going to have all kinds of good times ahead.

mark
Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Yeah Mark, he was pretty proud of himself, and I thought the same thing watching him, he asked me just after what I thought the fish was, and I told him a brown, he said he thought it was a river shark. Had to explain to him that those dont live in Nevada. LOL, we had a good time.