The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice
Default SW going out of business!!

I heard from two different friends that SW are not going out of business (sorry for the misleading title), but that they are closing a bunch of their stores. This economy really is crazy right now. First Circuit City, now SW. For me, this is good and bad, I buy a lot of flies there and also it is nice to have a big selection of all sorts of outdoor gear. It will be good for the local small town fly shop I like to support however.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: SW going out of business!!

Ah, SW= Sportsman's Warehouse

They sold out quite a few of them to a co-op in the NW, and is closing many others- including the two nearest me. I may have to go see what they're marking down.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Thanks Cliff, I was having a hard time figuring out what SW stood for.

Frank
Old 03-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dorian: For us old guys, you need to spell things out. I had no idea what you were talking about. LOL!
Wondering if they are offering any sales on the internet.

Larry
Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

Never been to Sportsman Warehouse. Doesn't effect me.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Sportsman's Warehouse - America's Premier OutfitterT
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Just for info the one closing in my town is 20% off every item in the FF section. Never knew how it worked but the guys that work there told me that they were advised that they no longer work for Sportsman's Warehouse. They work for the "liquidator" that takes over the store. Nothing good within an hour of here so it's back to online shopping. I'll miss it.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

New development, they've now entered Ch 11 and are going to try to come out of their current funk and keep the stores open. 3/23/2009 - More Gloom and Doom for Sportsman's Warehouse - Outdoors - Chattanoogan.com Story doesn't mention whether the current sales and such will now be ending.

I heard from an industry insider that SW is still indeed part of BassPro, and while BP isn't doing wonderfully in the current mkt, their not horribly bad off either. The guess was that they're just shedding weight in expectation of some tough climbing.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.