The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 12:39 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice
Default What are everyones favorite podcasts?

I was hoping we could compile a good list of everyones favorite Fly Fishing podcasts. If you want to throw in a misc. one that would be ok too.

I'll start.

I like the Orvis ones although they seem too short to me. Fly Fish Radio does a good 1.5 hour long interview every so often that is informative also.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 AM

Dr. Gonzo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are everyones favorite podcasts?

I really enjoy the Tom Rosenbauer podcasts on the Orvis site. Also, another place where I've found good ones is at askaboutflyfishing.com.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 AM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about

There are 3-4 that I listen to on a regular basis. My favorite is probably the Itinerant Angler podcast. I also enjoy Ask About Fly Fishing, which is the one most consistent in putting out new shows on a regular basis. It is also streamed live and you can participate by e-mailing questions. They also have drawings for free giveaways like a 3 year membership to the Federation of Fly Fishers. Fly Fish Radio is good. I also just found one called Adventures in Fly Fishing with Joe Cornwall. It is mostly centered around warm water fishing. Go to iTunes and search for fly fishing podcasts and you will come up with several alternatives. That is how I came across all of the ones I have listened to. They are a good way to pass the time on long road trips and I have learned a lot about gear, techniques and different rivers and regions.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:26 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

What the heck is a podcast and how do ya fish the thing?? haha
Bear
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Hey everybody,

I have to agree with txbevo about the itinerant angler podcast.

I like the guy who does the show. He keeps it fun to listen to and i never get bored of them.

My favorite two is the trout bum ones. Those guys are funny to watch and listen to when there not fishing.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com