The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally First Trout!

Very nice, Rob! I went through the same thing earlier this year after starting fly fishing in August. Everyone here on the forum helped me get through a number of unproductive days on the water. My son and I finally caught our first trout in late August. No turning back now.

Cheers!
Michael
Old 12-23-2010, 02:41 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Great stuff Rob, as the others have said you dont need the camera you will remember just fine.

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 PM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about

You'll be pulling in monsters before you know it.

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock
Old 12-23-2010, 07:51 PM

Walter1023 is just really niceWalter1023 is just really niceWalter1023 is just really niceWalter1023 is just really nice

Frntrnge:
I welcome you as a fellow addict. .....you are now started on the path into deeper and deeper addiction that will never end. I caught my first trout on a flyrod just about 12 years ago (mid 30's) even though I spin fished my whole childhood. I've never looked back. Any time I'm not working or otherwise engaged I have to be on a trout stream. I used to ski and golf. Golf was the closest recreation that inspired/ excited me.....but its such a distant second I haven't played a round in probably 8 years. My spin rods likewise remain untouched. Good luck........boards such as this one will teach you more than you think. I posted many questions on many sites.....and you get great advice and opinions from true experts. The rest you learn streamside...which is part of the fun. There are alot of witty quotes about this great sport - but one I've always felt was so descript... I believe from John Gierach is ....... "The real truth about flyfishing is that it is beautiful beyond description"