The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 11:42 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: What I got

gerber knife.
glenlivet 13 year single malt.

ARFE
Old 12-25-2010, 11:44 PM

bobbyc21fish is on a distinguished road

Got an Orvis Helios 10ft 5 weight, Orvis BLA 3, Fishpond High Country Tech Pack and Cimarron duffle bag. I guess I did pretty good.

Bobby
Old 12-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Casey,

I have been a Gerber user since 1988 and I have a couple of them, good knives for sure. I've been carrying a Benchmade for about 2 years now and like them too. I was never much for Scotch though. But the knife sounds good

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-26-2010, 01:12 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

I was beyond blessed this year. First, I got married in June to the most understanding wife a guy could ask for. I travel all the time for work and she puts up with it cause she knows I love what I do.

What I got (fishing related):
Lamson Konic
Cabelas Breathable Waders and Boots
William Joseph chest pack
Couple Scientific Angler fly boxes
Fly line/Backing/Leaders/Tippet
Renzetti Traveler Vise
Dr. Slick tool set
Cabelas fly tying material bag
Tons of thread, hackle, etc. tying materials
75 in Cabelas gift cards
A subscription to the fly fishing magazine of my choice (surprise gift from my wife)

Yes, it was a great Christmas. I am brand new to the hobby and and looking forward to the addiction!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:16 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Fishing wise all I got was some dubbing, thread, squirrel strips, cone heads, antron, hooks, and wire.
The big stuff? Nikon D7000 and Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 super wide angle lens. There will be some great pics this year.
BTW Merry Christmas to all. May there be many fishes in the coming year.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:51 AM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about

A nice wooden thread organizer, a TFO baseball hat, a stocking cap from my local fly shop (Colorado Skies) with their logo on it, and a bunch of fly tying materials.

But maybe best of all, on the evening of December 23, the doorbell rang. It was the postman bringing my newly repaired Scott rod (I broke the tip about not long ago). Scott had it all of eight days. I was pretty impressed. Merry Christmas.

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock
Old 12-26-2010, 09:54 AM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

HMH Sparan Vise
Brodin Net
$50 Gift card from BPS
assorted fly tying tools

Cooper Jackson Squrriel Rifle 17 HMR

Santa was good to me.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:00 PM

sevenmxf is on a distinguished road

Merry Merry, Everyone

Santa saw fit to furnish me with:
1. Echo 10'10", 7wt. Switch Rod (for steelies)
2. A real pretty Simms Rainbow Trout bottle
3. A $50 gift card to my local fly shop (Goldstock's)
4. An Orvis brown trout fly box
5. Three John Geirach books

Thanks, Santa!
Michael
Old 12-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

Merry Christmas to some and Happy Holidays to others. No fishing gear but a new 23" IPS monitor for my computer.

Frank
Old 12-26-2010, 02:15 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

Merry Christmas everyone and here's wishing all a Great & Happy New Year.
I got a few items namely fleece lined jeans, etc... but the thing that I was grateful for was seeing my son actually praying in church with us on Christmas morning. I'm not overtly religious but this was rare for myself. My B-day is right around the corner and I'd be wanting to get a new Lamson Litespeed for my 8 wt and to take my son fishing in Alaska. What I got? A good life...