The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM

smog7 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
I got my 2011 CA. Fishing license...well actually a voucher for one, because starting in 2011 here in CA. you are required to buy it in person and show I.D. at time of purchase.
same here. each year since my first required year my father has given me my fishing license as an x-mas present.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Fly fishing gear/goodies i got were...

Sage Flight 5wt
TFO NXT 8/9 wt
Wading Staff
Eastern Rises dvd
Fish Pond tiny trash container
Fish Pond clippers

Best wife ever.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Some of you guys are really getting serious about gear hoarding

Van,

It sounds like you now need lines and reels

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Merry Christmas everyone!
Santa got my letter: I got the 8/9/10 versi-tip Rio line for the reel I got in October, to go on the TFO Pro Series Spey rod I got back in August.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:32 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Van,

It sounds like you now need lines and reels
I forgot to mention that the TFO rod is part of a combo. So, it already has a reel and line. However, tomorrow i am heading to my favorite fly shop to look for a new reel. I am leaning towards a Sage for the reel as well. I want a Bauer Rogue really bad but that is quite a bit more. So i am thinking i will save that for when i get richer and buy myself a Z-Axis.

Last edited by Vans; 12-27-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 PM

bhflyfisher has a spectacular aura aboutbhflyfisher has a spectacular aura about

I got a nikon D3100, and a 52mm lens that it came with, Snowbee 6wt WF line and an extra orvis battenkill BSIII spool for my 10' 6wt legend ultra st croix rod, some WESC clothes, Springbrook lanyard, cologne (apparently i dont smell good enough for the siblings)

I thought it was a great christmas and I'm looking forward to the fishing pictures I'm going to be coming up with.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

one other item that i forgot to mention is a 25 dollar gift card. endless possibilities. anyone?

casey

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

i should probably mention that it's from cabelas.

ARFE
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Renzetti Traveler 2200
Portable Fire Pit
60" Flexible Flyer Sled
Petzel Headlamp
Running Fleece
Colonel Roosevelt - Edmund Morris

And the absolute best present of all time - a clean bill of health

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Sep

Last edited by Sep; 12-28-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM

teledeelux is on a distinguished road

I got a ski trip to Crested Butte, CO. Not fishing related but sitting here at the cabin watching the sun come up over the mountains, I'm not complaining...
Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
And the absolute best present of all time - a clean bill of health

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Sep
That's great Sep, I got the same thing...

Dan