The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Foreclosed Fishing Gear;

Keven has a point. 6 mo./200 posts would IMHO be too much. I think time as a member is - if anything - even more important than the number of posts, since I'm guessing the type we're trying to screen are not the patient sort to hang around if they can't get a quick bang for their effort. I also agree that, if feasible, the restriction should be on listing sales, not viewing or buying.

Just my 2c - easy for me to suggest since I'm not doing the work .
Old 12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Foreclosed Fishing Gear;

Hi Everyone,

We change the rules about posting in the Personal Classifieds to try and stop drive by sales. Ard has been policing that forum and doing a great job. Thank you Ard.

We have a limit of twenty post before a member can post an ad. The forum is not formated to block members with lower post counts but it could be. The problem that I have is we don't want to block someone who is a new poster who might truly want to be an active member on the forum. Members who try to sell with their first post are usually drive by members. When you call the limit to their attention they just disappear. We do have some members with low post counts that place something for sale and if you call the limit to their attention, they understand and ask you to remove it. It is these members that we may decide to let the ad stand. It may be easier for all concern if we just block every one who doesn't have 20 post from posting an ad.

I think that due to the nature of a drive by member that many active members won't buy from a new member. Especially from someone with their first post. This does give us some control over new members posting items for sale. They may be able to post but their items don't sell.

Frank