The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: Fish I Would Never Eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
Yes it tells me Europeans are nuts. JK
hahaha...yes;i suppose that we are bit crazy but that I wrote above is true.
We have carp in trout waters,cristal clear and cold waters.That carp cant compare with carp from muddy warm lakes (and we do have biggest carp lake in region,The Skadar lake).Mr ChrisinselwynNZ put recipe how to prepare carp with brine (try chocolate instead sugar sometime) but for carp from clean water you need only salt ,just like for wild trout
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

I'll have to try the brine, if I ever catch one of the suckers. (bad pun intended)
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 12-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

I forgot to say I like eel when I go to the sushi bar, I don't know what kind of eel that is though.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:34 AM

Ian Mann 4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
Lots of people here class whitefish with carp and suckers, but whitefish are good smoked.
Suckers are awesome smoked. Used to go spearing for them in the spring and get a bunch. Didn't have a smoker so a guy down the road smoked them for half the take.

Always looked forward to when they were running in the streams.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_e View Post
suckers are awesome smoked. Used to go spearing for them in the spring and get a bunch. Didn't have a smoker so a guy down the road smoked them for half the take.

Always looked forward to when they were running in the streams.
eeewwww!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:52 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Thanks Madjoni I will try that some time

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-01-2011, 09:47 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Quote:
I love watching fishing videos I especially enjoy watching Tarpon Fishing videos, but I'd never spend money it takes to do it.
Tarpon and bone fishing are the least expensive fish to fish for down here, but you have to know how to fish for them.

Quote:
For me there is a reward in occassionally keeping and eating what I catch, not to mention I love eating fish. Is anyone else like this?
Absolutely. During the summer, most of my meals are fish I've caught on a fly rod. Dolphin, blackfin tuna, snappers, hogfish, an ocassional sea trout, cero or spanish mackeral and tripletail. I will often go after dolphin mid-day during tarpon season. I nearly always kept trout caught in remote areas - and in fact, prolonged one backpack trip by 8 days, living on cutthroat trout - being young, single and self-employed at the time.

I will by-pass huge schools of albies (Florida bonita) because they are no good to eat in my opinion. I also release both large and small fish - keeping only average sized ones for the table.

I have never fished for carp, and would not compare them to bonefish.

Happy New Year,
Jim