The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all
Default Re: General Information

Clarifier ... I was not talking about SWIVEL SNAPS, what I meant was the NO-KNOT FAS-SNAPS you can find at Cabelas. They're a very simple snap, no extra weight, no moving parts. Clips into the eye, or tippet ring, or similar part.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just came across this pic of flies tied to a short section of looped tippet:
Click the image to open in full size.
That might be a good idea, especially if you can get a kind soul to tie them
up for you ahead of time.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Those flies would be called "snelled", and is basically what I suggested, with the fas-snap instead of the loop connector. Much easier to put on, and take off, the leader. Also, something that can be done at home before going anywhere near the stream, so you're ready to fish when you get there.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 PM

wasink is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the suggestions. All of you been a great help with excellent suggestions and solutions to my problem. I will be sure to try these soon. I mispoke when I said snap swivel. I knew fas-snaps was what you were saying, but thanks for the clarification.

I thank you for the warm welcomes. I don[t know why I had not thought of doing this sooner. I glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to further reading and inquiries.

Bill