The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NAFFF has been SOLD!

I think we're all waiting for the free swag (stuff we all get) maybe some free hats, t-shirts, coffee mugs.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 PM

fishosopher is on a distinguished road

Congratulations to Fish & Fly for showing excellent judgement in keeping Frank and the other moderators. Their comments do much more that provide expert information and advice; they set a welcoming and accepting tone for the forum that encourages the rest of us to participate.
We're all in the same boat. We all come 'ere and we don't know why. We all go in our turn and we don't know where. If you are a bit better off, be thankful. And if you don't get into trouble an' make a fool of yourself, well, be thankful for that,'cos you easily might.--J.B.Priestley
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Frank,
I know this is a bit off-topic but......
You mention 'Super Moderators' and 'Moderators'....What is the difference in the two?

With more backing and growth for the forum do you think it will be possible someday to have a 'Chatroom'?

I would love to be able to have a real conversation with many of the folks from here, or several at once.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Fysh,

NAFFF only has Super Moderators so there is no difference between moderators and Super Moderators.

Hmmm, the Chat Room. To have a chat room we need the software to be added to the NAFFF system. So first thing there is a cost involved in setting up the Chat Room.

Then you have to have someone responsible for setting up chats. This is a problem with a USA wide forum. What is a convenient time on the West cost is generally not convenient for the East coast. So scheduling is a problem. Next is how many people will use the Chat Room. On a Bass fishing forum I belonged to, they had a Chat Room. When a chat was scheduled only one or two people would show up. If other people have had a different experience with Chat Rooms then lets hear how it was used.

There is no way to pay for the Chat Room cost so we would be asking the owners to spend some money with no return. The only positive is it might make it a better forum. But, if it is not used it is wasted money.

Here are a couple of alternatives. Why not use the AOL or Yahoo AIM systems. I think Yahoo would let you set up a chat room for any topic. I don't know if they still do that or not.

Fysh, why don't you do a Poll and see how many people are interested in a Chat Room. You are the only one who has ever brought up the subject. If others don't want to participate then there is no use to even consider one.

Frank
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Re: Chat Room

I suppose we could set up a poll to get lots of members takes. I'll say for one that I would not. I gots enough time currently eaten by the Interweb as is.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM

KRD will become famous soon enough

I have been involved in a lot of forums with a chat room. Very few are really used. I think if this site had one it would get a lot of traffic at first, but as with most other things, it will die off. Like Frank said, there are plenty of other place we could get together to chat.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Frank,
Just thought it might make a good site even better. I'll quite asking about it. Thanks.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Fysh,

Don't give up. It may be a good idea. I just don't think there is much interest in a Chat room. Maybe we can find a Sex Talk Chat room and meet there.

Why don't you do a Poll and see if any members are interested for the long term. There are a lot of other things I would like to see for NAFFF but I am not a big fan of a Chat Room.

Frank
Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

No. that's ok Frank, I think if there was any interest in it then we would have heard some positive post saying so.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

I believe eons ago during the initial inception of the NAFFF we had a Chat Room and it didn't go over very well then. Of course, with the new Chat Rooms that are available these days it may be different.

I look forward to what's to come. Steve has been a driving force to a great forum that I have enjoyed working on as an admin and posting on. I have learned a lot from both sides. I suspect this forum to continue to grow by leaps and bounds.

Thanks,
Terry