The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default NAFFF has been SOLD!

Press release/ announcement

Fish & Fly Hooks Another American Beauty

Fish & Fly Ltd. (www.fishandfly.com) is pleased to announce the acquisition of the North American Fly Fishing Forum (NAFFF), one of the leading fly-fishing forums in the USA (www.theflyfishingforum.com)

“I am delighted that Fish & Fly have acquired my site, Steve Robbins founder of NAFFF, said. I have enjoyed developing the forum into one of the leading fly- fishing sites in the USA and think that now is the time for the business to move to a stronger umbrella such as Fish & Fly where it can reach its full potential. I would like to especially thank Frank Whiton and his team of moderators and the forum members, regulars and visitors, who all contribute so much to this thriving community."

Fish & Fly Chairman Richard Hewitt added: "The NAFFF site fits perfectly with our proposed launch of www.fishandflyusa.com and our acquisition of Fish&Fly Magazine. This also demonstrates our commitment to build a substantial global fishing community and to offer a leading resource to that community and also our trade members. We are also very pleased to welcome the additional ecommerce capability via the Fly Forum Shop with leading brands such as Sage, Simms, and Redington—an area we plan to develop. The forum’s extensive fishing reporting facilities will also be of great interest to our existing membership worldwide. Frank Whiton will continue his highly respected moderation of the forum section and is a most welcome addition to the Fish & Fly team."

Frank Whiton added “NAFFF has grown into a premium forum for Fly Fishers of all abilities and interest. It has been my pleasure working with the great Moderators and Members of NAFFF. Now we will be entering a new era with a broader range of members. The Members of NAFFF will be glad to know that great people have purchased NAFFF with very positive and exciting plans. We won’t be just a Fly Fishing Forum but a community of like minded friends working for the common interest of all Fly Fishers.”

Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NAFFF has been SOLD!

Welcome to Fish & Fly,
You are taking the reins of the best flyfishing forum on the web. I for one look forward to what you may bring to the forum for future growth.

Steve,
Thank you for giving birth to the forum and allowing it to become what it is today.
I hope you will stick around and continue to be a force in what this forum will become.

John.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 04-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

DITTO!!!! on all accounts.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

any plans to change the name?

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all,

I am surprised that there is not more discussion about the sale.

Eric, I don't know about the name. My guess is that it won't for a while but could happen in the future. It all depends on plans yet to be determined. NAFFF does have an opportunity to offer ideas. I will make every attempt to keep the NAFFF Members appraised with what is happening as it develops.

The new owners really are good guys and they are all fly fishers. I see nothing but positive things happening to NAFFF because of the sale.

Frank
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

I hope they don't make massive changes here....I like us the way we are...

Dan
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM

Coloradokid is on a distinguished road

This is very interesting, i can only see positve changes if any. They must see a great future for this site if it was purchased.
I guess time will tell.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 PM

MacFly55 will become famous soon enoughMacFly55 will become famous soon enough

two big sites.. larger audience.. more and varied input on all topics.. this has to be a win win situation for everyone.. at least I would think so...

MacFly
Old 04-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Hi to all,

I sincerely believe that the purchase of NAFFF is going to be a big PLUS. We should expect to see more articles and reviews. We will have the backing to make the site even better than it is today. This forum is about its members and how to help people be better fly fishers. The Super Moderators are here to help and we (moderators) don't want to see the site lose its personal and friendly aspect. I hope you will all like what the future brings.

I think this thread is a good place to discuss any concerns you may have. I have received some PMs about the sale so I know there is a level of apprehension about the sale. Discussion the sale is the best way to calm any fears or concerns. So, if you have any questions please don't be bashful.

Frank
Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I also think it is going to be a big plus. Fish and Fly has always been a classy magazine that is better than average at getting to the essence of this sport and what matters to its participants. I think their fine taste showed again in their purchase of this forum.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.