The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Fishing Tournemire reservoir with my best friends

My friend the Fischmeister lost his 101 year old mother this week so we decided to organize a little trip to Tournemire Reservoir to spend a day with him and enable him to do what he enjoys most…fishing. For once we were the four of us JM ,Batistou ,the FM and me.Batsitou calls it the “dream team”.We were not very lucky with the weather for it was windy but not too cold…so the fish were not very active.We had to fish under the surface with intermediate and sinking lines with nymphs and buzzers .Each of us could catch about ten fish,mainly good sized bows,Batistou and the FM caught two big ones around 28’.As for me I caught a big strange fish , Jean Charles the owner of the reservoir thinks it’s an hybrid between a brown and a brook trout.He stayed with me for a while and helped me to land a nice bow…when it was in the net he took off the fly…I’ve seen this fly last year when you came…what is it? what kind of insect does it represent?
....It’s an ugly green….I don’t know…
Ah it’s an american fly!
Yep… made in France!

At midday we heard the bell ringing it was time for a good pastis and a good meal cooked by Eve…
After lunch fishing was slow…but we really enjoyed ourselves
pic1getting ready
Click the image to open in full size.
pic2 the FM at work
pic3 the reservoir
pic4 a good size bow
pic5the "harbor of the lodge"
pic6the little cabin(reserved for Ard)and the bell...
pic7lunch time
pic8the strange fish.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing Tournemire reservoir with my best friends

JP: Looks like you guys had a good time on the reservoir and caught some nice fish, congrats!

Larry

Old 12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

JP,

Wonderful! The brown looks like a Loch Leven strain with a rather elongated cranium and jaw. I wouldn't question that for a moment it's a beauty. So what was the fly?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

That looks like a great day with friends. Good for you guys to go see your buddy.

Yes, we may need a fly picture.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Larry,we may recruit you in the "dream team" for the next season.

Ard ,I caught all my fish with an ugly green size 14you haven't noticed I reserved a little cabin for you

Jimmie...have a look here for the fly jpb Ugly Green)
Old 12-31-2010, 08:57 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

JP, looks like you 4 had a great day, that brown is strange looking...but a very nice size...Looks like a very nice place to fish...

Dan
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see the "Dream Team" in action, J-P!

That is a strange looking Brown; but good sized, nice markings, etc. Think how big it will be next year when you go back and catch it again!

Love that Ugly Green fly; American - but made in France - very rare indeed! (chuckle)

Looks like you and the Team had a great time and nice of you to help the FM through a tough experience.

TC, MF! And HHHNY!

Best,

Pocono
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 AM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about

Nice trip. Thanks for the pictures. Sorry to hear about your friend's mom. Nice of you guys to take him out.

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock
Old 01-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Bret...we're nice guysand thankful to the FM for all he taught to us.
Allan and Dan...strange fish indeed...Larry would say weird
Allan you start using teenagers' sms language and I don't always understandtc=take care
mf=????????
HNY...today's most used sentence
Ard hasn't noticed the deluxe cabin I booked for him
Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Bret...we're nice guysand thankful to the FM for all he taught to us.
Allan and Dan...strange fish indeed...Larry would say weird
Allan you start using teenagers' sms language and I don't always understandtc=take care
mf=????????
HNY...today's most used sentence
Ard hasn't noticed the deluxe cabin I booked for him
Here you go, J-P - MF = My Friend!