The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default I Did It!

After 32 1/2 years I have pulled the pin... I am now retired...I spent my first official day of retirement on the Vermillion River fishing for Steel...Didn't have the best of days, but who cares...LOL I may want to go find a part time job later; but for now there are fish to catch and flies to tye...

Dan
Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 PM

Coloradokid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Did It!

Good luck to you, i hope your future is filled with many days fishing!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:20 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

Congradulations! Now everyday is a saturday and you can go fishing more!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest flyfish kid View Post
Congradulations! Now everyday is a saturday and you can go fishing more!
Well said MWFFK. Good luck on your retirement Dan. Enjoy it!

mark
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, I'm sitting at work right now daydreaming of my time to fish every day...
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan

Congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy the fishing!

Larry
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light

congrats! it's pretty darned cool for a couple of years to have absolutely ZERO commitments and just fish or whatever else your passions are as much as you want to. after that, i had to find some sort of purpose again. i started doing volunteer work. but it seems that is leading to another career now. but i'm going to set the pace this time around and keep it to no more than half of my waking hours...ok, maybe 2/3. but it is something i've been doing 20-30 hours/week even when nobody was paying me.

enjoy yourself! and don't let anyone else tell you what you "should" be doing with yourself. you paid your dues. you own it now.
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations on your retirement.......I was planning on it this year but my 401 is now a 101 & I had to push it back a year. I'll get there . I volunteer for the state at the Pequest trout hatchery now & I'm involved in the March Of Dimes so if i was retired I think that it would take over for work anyway...
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

looks like we might see each other out there one day! I am always out there when the weathers good

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 PM

myelton is on a distinguished road

Congrats

granddaddyflyfishing.com