The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 AM

52 TROUT is on a distinguished road
Default Trout art

I am a new member of the forum and am looking forward to learning a lot from the rest of you. I've been fly fishing for trout for 50 years and when not out try to catch them I am in my studio creating them. If I can be allowed a moment of self promotion...four weeks ago I created a blog titled, "52 TROUT...the Recollections, Illustrations and Right Wing Rants of Alan Folger". For the next year I'll be adding at least one new trout illustration a week to the blog. Hope you'll stop by and add a comment or two.

Alan

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-14-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Removed blog link
Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Trout art

All I can say is beautiful. I am looking forward to the rest of the year. How did you start out? I can't wait to see another brookie in there.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Alan

Welcome to the forum! I really like your art, very nice.

Larry
Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Alan
Welcome to the forum. Amazing site you have. Your very talented
Thanks for sharing
Neil
Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

52 Trout,
Very nice stuff. I've enjoyed all of James Prosek and Joseph R. Tomelleri works for years now. You should surpass both of them with 50 years of experience in fly fishing. Great illustrations and I look forward to the 51 more illustrations to come.
Thanks,
Terry
Old 04-10-2009, 11:39 AM

52 TROUT is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the kind words...that'll get me thru the weekend (as there is no fishing on my to-do list). For more of my work, be sure to link thru to my website, The Angling Art of Alan Folger. And regarding those two artists you mentioned Piscator...I might be qualified to clean their brushes someday!