The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes coming our way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Pocono,

What browser do you use?

For those that use Microsoft IE you can down load a spell checker. When you open a "Reply to Post" window look at the upper right hand corner. You will see this icon. Click the image to open in full size. If you click it you will be taken to a site to down load a spell checker for IE Spell. I have used it for a couple of years and it works very well.

Here is another tip. Right next to the Click the image to open in full size. icon you will see two arrows. One points up and one points down. You can use this to expand the size of the "Reply" window. Very handy if you make large post.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I use AOL. I haven't be able to successfully download the spellchecker - as evidenced by the quality of the spelling on several of my posts.

Is there something special about the AOL browser that makes it difficult to download the spellchecker.

Believe me - I'm ready!

Thanks,

Pocono
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I use the google toolbar spellchecker
couldn't fuction without it
Old 04-18-2009, 07:45 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Frank,
I got an E-Mail today on my yahoo mail from Fish&FLy Norway saying my registration was dropped. Is this part of the transition, has anyone else received an e-mail like this? I din't try to register with anything on Fish&Fly.

Dan
Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi HuronRiverDan,

Here is a post that covers that problem.

Frank
Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 AM

FlyDog is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to take this oppertunity say Thank You to Frank and all the other moderators for making this such a great place to read and learn about all things Flyfishing.
Rex
Old 04-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pocono,

AOL uses IE but they add a lot of controls. One of the reasons I have never used AOL is all they changes they make to the browser. Its too bad you can't get IE Spell. It is better than the spell checker in Word 2003.

As Rip Tide mention, if you down load the Google Tool Bar you will get a spell checker. The Google Tool Bar gives a lot of options and you can pick and choose what ones you want to use. It is handy to have the Google Search at the top of your browser.

Frank
Old 04-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDog View Post
I just wanted to take this oppertunity say Thank You to Frank and all the other moderators for making this such a great place to read and learn about all things Flyfishing.
Rex

Thanks FlyDog,

There are several people who make this forum a success. Joni and Cliff are great moderators and NAFFF would not be the same with out them. But there is also Terry (Piscator) who works on the software and helped Steve to keep things rolling. So here is my thanks to Joni, Cliff and Terry.

Frank
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Rob11 will become famous soon enough

Frank, Joni, Cliff, and Terry, I appreciate your efforts in making this forum enjoyable and informative. While I don't post much, I scour the forum extensively when I have a few minutes every week. Glad to see a transition to preserve what you have here rather than the alternative.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ya'll. Best forum around.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Thanks Frank, that was the message I received...I also want to thank you and the other moderators for the job you guys do to make this a great site.

Dan