The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Changes coming our way!

Hi to all,

You will be seeing a Few Changes Happening to the forum. We all knew they were coming so don't be alarmed. You may encounter some links working differently. You may see some new links. Please give us time to get everything sorted out.

Your comments are welcomed. Especially if you find something that doesn't work.

Frank
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Changes coming our way!

I've noticed some pages tagged with "Fish&Fly" on the tab. I suppose that's the first sign.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:38 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Hi Frank
Be looking forward to them. Any luck with auto picture resizing?
Jimmie
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cliff,

Yes I saw that too. I think we are going to be the Fish & Fly North American Fly Fishing Forum. There has been a link on the F&F site linking their forum to us. I see that as an opportunity for new members.

Here is a great change. Picture re-size software has been added to the Forum. It works automatically and if a picture that is too large is posted, it will be limited in size. I think the size limit is liberal and everyone should be happy with it. So the Portal page won't get blown out now. This was the first thing I asked for and it was up the next day.

Now if someone has a huge picture to post can you post for a test. Let us know how it worked.

Frank
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Hi Jimmie,

When I talked to the software guy he already had a vBulletin program that he could add. So we didn't use your referral but lets see how this one works. Your referral would have required some cash so I can understand going the other way.

I really appreciate your help and the referral. As a matter of fact I am going to give you some Rep for your help.

Frank
Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Cliff,

Yes I saw that too. I think we are going to be the Fish & Fly North American Fly Fishing Forum.

Here is a great change. Picture re-size software has been added to the Forum. It works automaticly and if a picture that is too large is posted, it will be linited in size. I think the size limit is liberal and everyone should be happy with it. So the Portal page won't get blown out now. This was the first thing I asked for and it was up the next day.

Now if someone has a huge picture to post can you post for a test. Let us know how it worked.

Frank
That title seems a bit clunky and cumbersome. I'd be alright with it being renamed "The Fish & Fly Forum" as long as they left the URLs the same. (Of course I expect a free subscription to the print version if they like my idea.) I'd even be alright with a blue and white motif and some new pictures with proper bribing.

Auto picture resizing would be a huge help, glad to hear that's coming.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Two big things I would find handy...
- Profiles that work so we can get an idea of the experience level of those giving information and also so we can see if they're neighbors and potential fishing buddies and folks to bum flies off of.
- Hand-held format without the fluff for us poor folks who like to view the site while on the road.
- Oh... and don't hand the site over to be moderated by non-fly fishers like another once very popular site!

Other than that, keep on truckin'!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Jackster and would like to be able to view a members profile.

How about having the new Boss pop in and say hello?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
I agree with Jackster and would like to be able to view a members profile.

How about having the new Boss pop in and say hello?
I agree with previous 2 Posts...

Keeping moderators that know as much as you all do has kept me coming back time and time again.

Kudo's to all the moderators that do what you do
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster
- Profiles that work so we can get an idea of the experience level of those giving information and also so we can see if they're neighbors and potential fishing buddies and folks to bum flies off of.
- Hand-held format without the fluff for us poor folks who like to view the site while on the road.
I would start by doing an Advance Member Search and locate people in your area by Location, Zipcode, or Home County/State to see which members you may be able to contact. Location is not a required field and the members can disable PM and email contact info.

Until a mobile format of the site is available you might try the vB Lite link located to the Left under the Navigation section. It is one of the last options in this section. I'm not sure that this is in the works for the future but it should get you by and allow you to access just the forum categories.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry