The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM

jailmanbob is on a distinguished road
Default reel refurbishing

I'm a Pflueger Medalist man..fished with since 60's..new to this site and collecting..I need info on repair, refurbishing and/or refinishing older Medalists..I dont want to decrease value of a collectible reel by doing something stupid.Any info on where I can get some info is appreciated.Thanks!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: reel refurbishing

Bob,

I would ask Pflueger. I have a couple but they have stayed in pretty good shape but then I'm kinda anal about that.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailmanbob View Post
I'm a Pflueger Medalist man..fished with since 60's..new to this site and collecting..I need info on repair, refurbishing and/or refinishing older Medalists..I dont want to decrease value of a collectible reel by doing something stupid.Any info on where I can get some info is appreciated.Thanks!
Unless your reels are very old, they're not so that collectible that you can't spruce them up.
A lot of folks like to trickout their reels with parts from One-Pfoot for Pflueger Medalists
You can get the best information there too.
Personally I like my old Medalists just the way they are
A silk purse / sows ear kind of thing
Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Unless your reels are very old, they're not so that collectible that you can't spruce them up.
A lot of folks like to trickout their reels with parts from One-Pfoot for Pflueger Medalists
You can get the best information there too.
Personally I like my old Medalists just the way they are
A silk purse / sows ear kind of thing
I never realized the Medalist had such a following, I may have to build one of those fancy "custom" Pfluegers.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Medalist fan myself, I have 7.
Here's a couple with a 'customized' drag that I use to use in the salt, back in the day...
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Thats awesome!!! Custom drag and nail file all in one handy package!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:57 PM

dman will become famous soon enough

Go to...the fiberglass fly rodders and go into the classic reels forum...and do a search using medalist or pflueger....and you will get more threads on what you want to know than you will be able to finish today....

How about a reel like this.....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dman,

Never saw one like that! I like it, how much would one of those cost these days?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM

dman will become famous soon enough

Go to..

One-Pfoot for Pflueger Medalists

and contact them...there are different levels to which they can be "pimped".