The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Delicacy of the 6 wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Oh heck with it. He needs one of everything.

If I tell the misses this as well, will you back me up?
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post

If I tell the misses this as well, will you back me up?
I will!, but I'll need the same.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

the key it, you don't tell her. you quietly get what you want then when she notices in a couple of weeks you say "what? this old thing, iv had it for a while" keep it nonspecific for the amount of time.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a scheme that my lawyer friend does for Christmas. He tells his secretary that if any of his clients call to ask what would be a good gift for him, the answer should be a gift certificate to the local fly shop. His haul over the years has ranged from $2000 to $5000 in gift certificates each year. He has used his gift certificates to buy gear, take guided floats, and go on major destination trips.

In this situation there is no way that the spouse can complain about him using money to buy gear. Your haul may not be that big, but it could take a huge chunk of a large purchase.

So the theme here is to start planning for Christmas, 2011. Let everyone know that you want fly fishing shop gift certificates. The total will add up.

MP

Edit: It also works for birthdays.

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 01-12-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by araitim View Post
the key it, you don't tell her. you quietly get what you want then when she notices in a couple of weeks you say "what? this old thing, iv had it for a while" keep it nonspecific for the amount of time.
After 31 years of marriage I can't get away with that anymore.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:01 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
After 31 years of marriage I can't get away with that anymore.
I've been married for 10, and I that trick hasn't worked for a few years now...It was good for a Renzetti 4000, a couple of TFO's, new waders, boots...I got a good $2000 worth of gear on that trick though