The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default hi!everybody

Hi everybody,I'm new on this forum,I'm 56...57 next tuesday,I live in the south of France and I'm what we call here an "old hand".I flyfish all year long usually once a week for trout during the season,for chub or dace or other fish from september to march.I like fishing on dry or nymph "on sight" I prefer fast or pocket waters.I also go to Austria every summer where I guided groups some years ago,it's a real paradise for flyfishermen!I 've got some american rods,and Scotts are my favourite.I also tie my flies and nymphs and I trust in my special patterns.I hope to come to the states to spend a few weeks flyfishing ...but I don't know when...to be continued

Last edited by jpbfly; 12-14-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: hi!everybody

Hello,

I don't know how to say hello in French but it's good to hear from my friends from Europe. It sounds by what you have told us that you are an accomplished fisherman, you may still find some useful information here on the forum.

In the States we have many technquics and products that you may not encounter in your fishing at home.

Welcome,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Welcome to the group. I was in France mnay years ago when I was in the Navy, pretty country.
Bear
Old 04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

jbbfly-

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see some pictures of the waters you fish and the flies you use---- and to hear some stories about fishing in France and Austria.

Best regards,

mark
Old 04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your friendy welcome,I 'll send photos as soon as I understand how it works,stories...I' ve got some to tell you...you know now it's easy to find american products on the web,every week I put on my Simms vest and waders and take my favourite Scott....but for the reels and the flies...it's another story...hope to share things with you ...my wife promised to offer me a fishing trip to the us when she wins the bingo jackpot!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Steelhead Junkie will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum!!! Always good to see another member
Welcome aboard
Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

RIGHT ON! Welcome jbbfly. Looking forward to your post and glad you found us here.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: hi!everybody

Welcome jbbfly,

Let us know where you are headed to when you come to the states....Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! I was 57 - once....

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Click the image to open in full size.
I managed to insert a photo at last....it's easier to use a flyrod than a mouse.
I don't know where I'll be headed to ...thanks for your birthday greetings Planettrout !