The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SAGE 5wt ZXL

If you're going to plunk down major dollars for a rod, and a store like LL Bean is willing to guarantee your satisfaction, it's something to consider. While Cabelas penalizes larger purchases with larger shipping costs, LL Bean tops out at $10. They also get things out much more quickly than Cabelas. I really like the folks at the local shop, and bought tying materials there today. I'm not advocating that we abandon the small shops, but since Winston seems to have jumped onto the big box bandwagon, it only seems fair to weigh your options. I drove 90 miles (round trip) to buy hooks and thread that could have been purchased mailorder, but that's just me....

Last edited by FrankB2; 09-01-2011 at 06:32 AM.