The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Fly Fishing Exotic Locations

[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/photos/files/4-Fishbabe1_thumb.jpg[/img2]Hey Folks... at the request of a new member I'm opening this discussion on Fly Fishing Exotic Locations outside of North America. Do any of you have any comments or stories regarding your exotic fishing trips? Do you have any questions regarding a specific destination? Do you care to share your dream trip?

There are plenty of places abroad that I would like to go. I just don't know when, or if, I'll get the chance. It will have to be after I earn my 2nd million dollars (I gave up on my 1st).

Anyway... I invite you join in and discuss your dream trip to fly fish an exotic location.

Where would you like to go? Is it Ireland? ...New Zealand? ...Kenya? ...

What do you think?

Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Fishing Exotic Locations

I'm waging an ongoing campaign with the Mrs. to go fish the Carribean for bones and such for my 30th birthday and then Kamchatka for #40. I really would love to fish New Zealand, the British Isles, the Seychelles, and Alaska someday too. Wifey already wants to do a cruise to AK, so i'll just have to make sure not to eat too much on the way up so that my waders still fit.

The most exotic places I've fished so far would be Destin FL, the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork in CO, and the Sandy in OR.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Cast Like A Pro

dougm will become famous soon enoughdougm will become famous soon enough

Think I would have to go with New Zealand ... Trouble is I don't think I would want to return.

Alaska is about the best I've done so far...

Doug

Fly Fishing with Doug Macnair
www.douglasmacnair.com
Old 03-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Do ya'll remember my "Fly Fish Iraq" article from a while back? Go to: Increase in US Offshore fish farming

Would you consider this an "Exotic" location???

Old 03-04-2006, 11:49 AM

idabelangler will become famous soon enoughidabelangler will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Fly Fishing Exotic Locations

My dream location would be in the Amazon fishing for Peacock Bass. My wife would rather go to the Bahamas or even Alaska but her idea of a good time would not include sleeping in a mud hut on the edge of a crock and snake infested river just to fish from sun up to sun down getting sunburned and mosquito bit in the process. Women go figure... I guess we could split the diffenence and go to Hawaii but some how it just wouldn't be the same.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:49 PM

Stan Wright is just really niceStan Wright is just really niceStan Wright is just really niceStan Wright is just really nice

Christmas Island was great. I'm headed back to Ketchikan, AK this summer, but my next fishing trip will probably be for baracuda in the Ala Wai, behind Waikiki or Wahiawa Res, for peacock bass if the rain will ever stop.

Aloha,
Stan