The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Fly Rod Shipping Fopaux

My new Redington CT 9' 6wt rod arrived from Caddis Fly Shop in Oregon. Only I ordered a Redington CT 9' 5wt. They are currently on Sale for only $109.99.

I figured I it would make a good dry fly 5 weight and excellent back up to the rod I'll be finalizing the order on a Nano Ti 9' 5" from Justin (Allen & Co) in another day or two at the most.

The mistake isn't the end of the world and $109.99 for a rod I already know I absolutely love is an exceptional price, but it took them longer than I would have expected to place it with the shipper in the first place. I just hope I don't end up having to pay out of pocket to ship it back to get the 5wt I actually ordered. I guess I've just gotten spoiled by the quality of customer service I have from Allen & Co.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Rod Shipping Fopaux

You could had paid full retail to Gary Eblen or Bill Kiene and had the rod of your choice in your hands and felt good about keeping money in the local economy. I'm sure Gary would had given you a break on the sales tax.

In regards to returning the rod, ask Caddis for a call tag. If it is UPS, the call tag can be e-mailed to you when Caddis closes out its UPS POS at the end of the day. For FedEx, usually a driver comes by for a pickup with the call tag.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:59 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Or, you could tell them you will keep it for half price, if they will send you the one you want at the 109 price. Just a thought, they might be willing to deal since you have the rod already, they don't have to hassle with shipping it back, restock, etc.

d
Old 01-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
You could had paid full retail to Gary Eblen or Bill Kiene and had the rod of your choice in your hands and felt good about keeping money in the local economy. I'm sure Gary would had given you a break on the sales tax.

In regards to returning the rod, ask Caddis for a call tag. If it is UPS, the call tag can be e-mailed to you when Caddis closes out its UPS POS at the end of the day. For FedEx, usually a driver comes by for a pickup with the call tag.
MP, I've been on a first name basis with Bill and Gary for 25 years and I spend a lot of money in each of those shops on a regular and if Fly Fishing Specialties wasn't so much further from me I'd likely do the same there. Matter of fact years ago Fly Fishing Specialties had a shop on Micron Ave and I used to spend quite a bit there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
Or, you could tell them you will keep it for half price, if they will send you the one you want at the 109 price. Just a thought, they might be willing to deal since you have the rod already, they don't have to hassle with shipping it back, restock, etc.

d
I had a reply to my email first thing this morning from Caddis Fly Shop, telling me they are shipping out another rod with a return label. So you can't get better service then that to fix a mistake.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I have been into that shop a couple times and have had nothing but good experiences with the staff there. It seems obvious to me they would pick up the tab for shipping since it was their mistake. Give them a call.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vans View Post
I have been into that shop a couple times and have had nothing but good experiences with the staff there. It seems obvious to me they would pick up the tab for shipping since it was their mistake. Give them a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
I had a reply to my email first thing this morning from Caddis Fly Shop, telling me they are shipping out another rod with a return label. So you can't get better service then that to fix a mistake.
See the quote from my last reply!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Oops! heh. Glad they took care of ya.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Glad they took care of you, only bummer is if they had done the 1/2 price deal you could of had a 5 and a 6, and told the wife that this was one of those deals that could not be passed up. How could she not understand you have to keep a rod if it was there mistake and it was half price

d