The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 01:43 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: float tube fins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrich99 View Post
I wear sz 11 wading boots. My fins are XL. The size is printed on the bottom of the boot part of the fins along the back edge.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Dave Scadden's fins are Omega Fins, however, Omega is a separate company. Perhaps Omega makes the fins for Scadden? IDK, however, Scadden's fins are about $20 less expensive than what appears to be the same fins at Cabela's.

but if you look at cabela's site, they don't list different sizes. Scadden/Omega fins at cabela's

But if you look at the Omega Navigators (what they sell for float tubes) at the Omega Store they list Large and Extra Large and you can even get them in Olive, or add cleats to them. Oh, and they are the same price as cabela's ($169) plus free shipping.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:56 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Yeah, I just noticed that Cabela's doesn't list size. But, of course, they do come in diff sizes. I just noticed that D. Scadden's site has what looks like my fins listed for $149. And if I'd known I could get a different color I would have. The Navigator Olive fins instead of school bus yellow.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 01-15-2011, 07:05 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Had the Outcast type, Browning, Turtle, etc., then bought the adjustable Force Fins. I had them and used them exclusivly for about 5 years. I really liked them. But last year, for my birthday, Joni bought me some Scadden Flip Fins.
After about a month, I ended up selling the Force Fins. For me, the Scadden flips were a lot better than the Force Fins. Lighter, more powerful than Force F's, easier to use. I can't use them with my Simms Riversheds because of the size of the toe box (and being size 13's) but my other boots I have no problem. In either boat- X5 or the Renegade, 99% of the time I use Orvis bootfoot breathable hip waders. Much more comfortable in warm weather and the Flip's fit nice and snug with out being too tight or too loose. I think that the way they're designed they don't put pressure on any part of your foot that some others might. And I almost forgot, adjustment is a breeze
So, my vote would be the Scadden Flip Fins.
BTW, RangerRich- the Omegas olive color are dog's ass UGLY! Joni has a pair.