The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default new member - first post

I'd like to say hello to everyone and give a brief introduction.

I'm a self-employed plumber from southern Ohio, and manage to get some fishing in during the spring through fall seasons.
I've been fly fishing for a few years now, and with the exception of a couple baitcaster outfits I still use on occasion for catfishing, the fly rod is my go-to method for most of my fishing.
My fishing is mostly lakes and ponds close to home, with a little creek fishing thrown in when the opportunity arises.
I spend a lot of time casting to panfish (bluegill and crappie) with a few trips to target bass for a change of pace.
I most often use a 3wt (Sage Vantage) for panfish and a 6wt (Ross FlyStik) when the wind is strong or I'm after bass.
I tie my own flies and make my own leaders to get me through the winter months when the ice is on the water. (like it is today)

I look forward to having this forum to expand my knowledge of fly fishing, and look forward to exchanging thought and ideas with all of you!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new member - first post

Wabilook forward to seeing your reports and pics.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:03 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Greetings! You've come to the right place; there's a great bunch of people on here.

If you're from OH, have you ever had a chance to get up to the Great Lakes for the steelie run? If not, you should try it in the spring. Hooking those is a thrill of a lifetime....
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

New members are the best thing that happen here almost. What's even better is when you become an active participant and we all get to know you sort of...........

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-16-2011, 12:33 PM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum wabi. I've seen you on OGF.
Then You're The One!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Wabi welcome aboard, glad you found us. We have a bunch of folks on the forum from Ohio, as well as a lot of fly tyers and folks on here that chase bass and panfish so you'll fit right in.

Looking forward to your posts.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Hello Wabi, Happy to see you join us. Like the others have said, can't wait to read your reports and maybe see some of those flies and leaders you've been tying.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 01-16-2011, 03:49 PM

gordon in nc has a spectacular aura aboutgordon in nc has a spectacular aura aboutgordon in nc has a spectacular aura about

WELCOME !!!!

Be prepared to log onto this site .. DAILY .. it, like fishing is an addiction

Gordon in NC
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Looks like this may be the place for me to spend a lot of my time for the next few weeks. Took a drive today and open water is scarce right now.

My posts will be a bit limited for a few days, though. Had some minor surgery last week, nothing serious, but the location makes sitting a real pain!
(A cyst removed from my hip, but it turned out to be imbedded in scar tissue and the doctor had to make a big incision to get it all out.) At least it's over with and I'll have plenty of time to heal so I won't miss any fishing.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wabi: Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing about your fishing. Here's to a speedy recovery from surgery!

Larry