The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Creek Freak is on a distinguished road
Default So here is what I did.

I went to a big name sporting good chain last night and had them spool new line on both my reels. I did save the old line though.

I have an Orvis Madison reel and an Orvis Clearwater.

Going with what was suggested by someone I bought the SA Headstart and SA Air cell. Since the Madison is a better reel I requested the Headstart be put on that reel. Well when I get home and re-examined the reels they did just the opposite.
Its not the end of the world but the better reel which I plan to use most I wanted the better line on.

I'll keep you in the loop as to whether this new line helps me paint a waterscape using my flyrod as the brush.

Thank you to all of you that made suggestions. I just wish the Orvis store wasn't in downtown Chicago.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So here is what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Freak View Post
I went to a big name sporting good chain last night and had them spool new line on both my reels. I did save the old line though.

I have an Orvis Madison reel and an Orvis Clearwater.

Going with what was suggested by someone I bought the SA Headstart and SA Air cell. Since the Madison is a better reel I requested the Headstart be put on that reel. Well when I get home and re-examined the reels they did just the opposite.
Its not the end of the world but the better reel which I plan to use most I wanted the better line on.

I'll keep you in the loop as to whether this new line helps me paint a waterscape using my flyrod as the brush.

Thank you to all of you that made suggestions. I just wish the Orvis store wasn't in downtown Chicago.
You do realize that there is an Orvis store in the Suburbs of Chicago? I live in the Suburbs and commute to the city everyday.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 AM

Creek Freak is on a distinguished road

Mike, I live in NW Indiana. I think that store is on the other side of the city. I hope to hit the on in Indy this Friday. I will be down there anyway so why not stop in. I appreciate the heads up though.

When are you giving me casting instruction ?

Jeff
Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 AM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

Actually Depending where you live you can shoot up to I80 to I294, and then you can get on I88 and be there in five mins. Overall it is about 40 min trip from Hammond, IN depending on traffic.