The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cold Night in the Pocs

I don't know how you're doing wherever you are, but it's a cold one up here in the Poconos tonight.

We've got low temps; 4 degrees F, some wind and icicles everywhere! Here's looking out of the window at the ice hanging off the roof:

Click the image to open in full size.

Weather like this gets me thinking about Florida or somewhere South of there................way South of there.

Pocono
Old 01-16-2011, 08:39 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cold Night in the Pocs

Living in the south, I would like to have a little more changing of the seasons. We get some cold but not enough to freeze the lakes thick enough to ice fish, nor enough snow for sleds or snow mobiles. Our big game can spoil in just a few hours if we can't get it iced down.

Funny how no matter where we are, we wanna be somewhere else...lol

Dave
Old 01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Allan: Welcome to the club and I'm not talking about Club Med! Today the wife was talking about moving south once I retire, she is tired of the cold and it's only January. We still have snow on the road in front of the house and on the side there is a drift of snow four ft high on the fence and we have another cold front bearing down on us, they are forecasting 1-2 ft in the mountains.

Larry

Old 01-16-2011, 09:05 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

We are having the warmest winter I can remember in my 37 years in Colorado. Last week we had a couple days dip into the 11-15 below range but that's it. Used to be we'd get at least one snap of below zero that would last a week to ten days. Been awhile since we saw one of those. Snowfall at the house for the year is a mere 22". I'm still Jonesing for spring anyway.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I was just out on the deck encouraging Boss to hurry up with his business in the woods and the thermometer on the shelf says -12 so......................... We are back to normal after seeing 40 last week when the wind storm started. I have started posting to a blog here about the day to day and I explain the 'wind storms' there if you want to see what I'm talking about. With a -12 at 6:00 PM I expect -25 by morning. The temps here can vary greatly by just moving a few miles around the area. I checked the report at the Wasilla airport and they report -6 there. Nancy is about to drive to town (6 miles) and her car will read the differences between here and there. It really doesn't seem too cold because it is very dry here and the wind has quit.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

it's a balmy 16 degrees here in illinois. good time to clean my fly lines and re organize my fly boxes. then maybe a finger or two,

casey

ARFE
Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Thermometer hit 88 degrees today, record high for this date. Highest ever in January... 97, lowest ever... 13! milt.