The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM

larrysmith9865 is on a distinguished road
Default Is there any better

As a wyoming fly guy I recently moved to colorado springs. I been to miricale mile, outlaw canyon and bout every great fishing spot in wyoming I LOVED IT but now here I get mixed info from all on the fishing. I dont know any fly guys here so if anyone knows where is a good place to start I would appreciate any info. I can travel daily bout 20 minutes from colorado springs to be able to fish for 3 or so hours thank god for unemployeement huh LOL I figure if im gonna be on the list may as well fish so give me some info on the springs please thanks and keep them lines tight boys (and girls)
Old 05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there any better

Larry: You are not to far from Deckers, Cheesman Canyon, the Colorado Miracle Mile (the South Platte).......just head west on hwy 24 you will find some superb fly fishing.

Larry
Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

L 2,

Since I already know one Larry here you are going to be L 2, hope you don't mind.

You need to PM 'Yatahey' he lives in Woodland Park. I used to live in the Springs but you will do better with real time info from people who are there now not some guy who's been gone so long. Search the members for 'Yatahey' that's his user name.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: That was an excellent suggestion, Yat really knows the local waters and should be able to point L2 in the right direction. Hopefully, Yat will see this thread and chime in.

Larry
Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 PM

catman is on a distinguished road

Riverside, WY is not that far away..
Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Catman: Depends on what you call "Not Far". Riverside, WY is just across the Snowy's from me about 90 miles west, but Colorado Springs is about 4 1/2 hours south via I-25.

Larry
Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM

catman is on a distinguished road

Sorry I didn't see you had moved to the Springs area from WY.
The AR river in Buena Vista is very nice & north to Leadville..
Old 05-17-2009, 01:27 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Hey Larry,
Just saw your post. Welcome to the neighborhood.
So you are unemployed right now?
I'm out of work too at the moment but not due to lack of work. I racked up my shoulder helping a neighbor move a freezer a couple weeks ago and can't work right now.
I've been fishing a little bit last week or so. Working on my left hand casting. It's not going well, but I can still get a fly out a bit. It's been toughest trying to cast a dry against the wind.

Anyway, yeah, there's some good fishing around here. I'll PM my phone number. Give me a call and I'll fill you in.

Larry,
You need to configure your personal settings to be able to recieve and send Personal Messages. Send me one when you get your settings changed.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 AM

larrysmith9865 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info all, I use to fish miricale mile, alcova. and outlaw canyon, and north platte all the time in wyoming but its bout 6 hours from here so was lookin for something closer.
yatahey i changed preference so it should work now. thanks for the info nice to meet you as well