The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 PM

woodley74 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello everyone

Hi my name is Brandon. Ive been fishing all my life and have never had my hands on a fly rod. Recently Ive started watching a flyfishing show on TV and I have decided its time to try somthing that Ive always been interested in. Ive learned alot about my motor cycle on another forum so I figured a flyfishing forum would be a good place to start.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everyone

Brandon: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! Feel free to ask any questions you might have, someone here will be able to answer most any question you might have. You might also want to get on the Trout Unlimited web site and look for a local chapter in your area. If you can find someone to mentor you, you will find the learning process goes much faster. You also might want to get on YouTube and do a search for fly casting, there are some great videos on YouTube showing how to correctly cast a fly line.

Larry
Old 05-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Welcome from France,now we have two things in common...motorcycling and flyfishing!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:51 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Welcome Brandon and good luck! Make sure to use the forum search feature for questions you might have. You can find a lot of good info that way.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Brandon, welcome to the forum. I see that you're in Iowa, so you might want to contact these folks: Hawkeye Fly Fishing

They have groups all over Iowa, and are very welcoming to new comers to the sport with group trips, casting clinics etc.

Glad you found us here. Browse some of the past threads on getting started, and the FAQ's section here, and ask away if you have any questions. Make yourself at home!

mark