The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

Watson!
You forgot to mention you are quite a good photographer too. Those are some beatiful pictures. I wish I was that good with a camera. Nice look'n fish too. I look forward reading your posts and learning some from you too!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Welcome to the forum Watson and LoneWolf...Great pics Watson...

Dan
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, I have never been on a site with so many kind folks willing to give their time to help new members.

Dave

PS: Don't ask me anything, I just purchased my first fly rod...
Old 01-21-2011, 07:40 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Welcome. Thank you for sharings those pics. Are you tying those big streamers?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 PM

304rodco has a spectacular aura about304rodco has a spectacular aura about

Greetings. New here myself. Nice fish

www.304rodcompany.com
Old 01-21-2011, 10:13 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, Where out west do you fish, or did I miss that? I fish in Nevada and CA now, but have fished in Idaho, Ohio, Washington State, and a few other places.

Dave
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum lonewolf and watson.
great pics watson, very nice!

casey

ARFE
Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 AM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about

Hey thanks ya all for the warm welcome and the props on the photos.

As you may find out I like snapping photos, though I wouldn't consider myself a "photographer" it's something I enjoy!
Fishing by my lonesome kinda impairs quality but I seem to manage.
It's a nice way to document time on the water and fun to look back on later in the year.

Here is my attempt at answering several of your questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
a little snow ... BUT ..where is home? You needn't name waters! Just a small indication of where you are from!
Auntie I guess a little snow is relative also, 500 inches or so a year never seems to bee enough here in the Great Basin area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
What Camera do you have?
FISHN50 I don't have anything more than a cheap snap n shoot.....
I went through a couple snap n shoots in the last little while then realized it was in my best interest to go waterproof so I recently got myself a Fujifilm FinePix XP10, picked it up refurbished for 75 bucks ....I ruined two cameras and a phone in 2010 alone, so cheap is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Are you tying those big streamers?
Jimmie why yes I am and to think those are small in comparison to the toothy critter patterns I have recently been preparing for next spring!
Now I think of it I never have bought a streamer and I like throwing streamers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
Where out west do you fish
Webrx "Have fished" gets a little broad but you can usually find Idaho, Wyoming and Utah fishing licenses in my pack at any givin' time, but I wouldn't count out any other surrounding states/provinces. Made it up to AK again this past year that sure was a treat!

Look forward to further conversations.
Thanks again!
Watson
Old 01-22-2011, 12:13 AM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson View Post
Made it up to AK again this past year that sure was a treat!

Look forward to further conversations.
Thanks again!
Watson
Curious as to what part of the state you were in?

I like to say I was smart enough to get born here!

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:58 AM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerka View Post
Curious as to what part of the state you were in?

I like to say I was smart enough to get born here!
nerka,
Smart, Lucky whatever you call it I could see myself trading 12 months of fishing a year for the 5 or so you get up that way, I know it would be worth it, at least for a while!
I did spend a couple months up there once and well I guess I could just say each time I have been there has been one of the greatest times of my life!
The little time I have spent up your way fishing has been focused around the Kenai area I really enjoy some of the smaller "creeks" in that area.
However when I drove up there along with combining a section of the Alaska Marine Hwy from Prince Rupert to Haines and then getting lost along the way did make for a great way to see a fair amount of beautiful country!
Cheers!