The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Fishing But--Stupid. Stupid. Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
This is but one reason, I'm considering giving up winter all together.
I'm sending healing vibes to ya 50. Sold my Honda 825 last fall to avoid this kind of thing.
Please send a fish report on return.
I'm feeling the itch to travel, (Anywhere it's warm, that has fish..)

Jim
I'll trade you winters anytime.
Click the image to open in full size.
Night before last.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Neil. Sounds like you have a better plan for the future.

Now - to the key question(s) - where are you going to fish in Chile; Northern Lakes district in Patagonia, South of Balmaceda, Tiera del Fuego? Let us know about the good stuff!

Glad you're doin' better; hope it wasn't your casting shouder!

Pocono
Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Hi & thanks for the nice comments. We're going to the Yelcho lodge
Hotel YELCHO| Hotel Chile|YELCHO|Flyfishing hotel |pesca patagonia| Chile south|patagonia hotels|hotel patagonia|lodge sur chile|qeulat chile|lodging patagonia|argentina fly fishing|lodge chile|patagonia argentina|carretera austral|hotel carretera au. I've never been there but one of my fishing buddies has & he's going back. I was able to go to the Somerset NJ fly Fishing Show today & walk around. Aside from aches & pains all over & not being able to lift my casting arm over my head I'm OK. Thank's Jon,i I'll look for that "Tart Cherry" tomorrow & no you can't have my spot.
Last week I went out & got a new camera for the scenery. My waterproof camera takes decent closeup snapshots but scenery comes out flat so I wanted to get a little better camera. I bought the Panasonic ZS6 at Costco & now I just have to figure out how to use it. I HATE ONLINE MANUALS !!!! Im going to put together a presentation for my T.U. Chapter meeting so I plan on taking a lot of pictures & I'll post some of them here when I get back.

Neil
PS Ck out the size of some of those fish on the Website.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Jeez Neil..... hope you feel better quick. If it's swollen, I'd apply ice to it, and make sure that you move it around/use it a bit so that it doesn't stiffen up for you.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 01-23-2011, 04:00 AM

kevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
Jeez Neil..... hope you feel better quick. If it's swollen, I'd apply ice to it, and make sure that you move it around/use it a bit so that it doesn't stiffen up for you.
Yep, this right here. If I were you, I'd make it a point to go out and do some casting to loosen everything up.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Neil,

You'll have a great time there. The Northern Patagonia Lakes Region is beautiful and the fishing; floating or wading, is great. You'll probably fly into Puerto Montt, which has the only reasonably sized airport in Northern Patagonia.

The Yelcho is one of the 3 'big" fishing rivers in the area; the others are the Petrohue (near Puerto Varas) and the Puelo (near Puelo Bajo) . You'll also find that some of the tribs the feed Yelcho offer really good fishing; smaller fish, but some challenging wading as the streams are all steep gradient, so if you walk a mile up from where the trib hits the main river, you'll be in more than just the Andean foothills! But, the fishing in those small streams is great; and they're almost never fished.

Not to mention the scenery, the great food and the friendly people!

Be sure and pic/post on your trip when you return - I'm already feeling envious right now and I'm heading over the the Somerset NJ Fly Fishing Show today.

Have fun!

Pocono