The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Got the new reel and I like it !

Finally the balance, the drag, and the look I have been wanting for almost five years. I always wanted a bamboo salmon rod and in late 2004 I bought one. Finding the right reel was another matter but after trying a few I have found a keeper. Yes it is a British Made reel, they are getting scarce.

Attachment 2308

Attachment 2310

The next time I post a picture of this rod I will include a fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cascapedia 30001.JPG (85.3 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg Cascapedia 10001.jpg (83.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got the new reel and I like it !

CLASSSY!!! What make rod is that, Ard?

Here's a YouTube video of a guy fishing for grayling with cane and a reel
that may well be the same make as yours: CLICK HERE
The video is well done, and oozes with modern/classic split cane goodness. Now that I fish bamboo, I have
to use the word splendid more often while fishing . Splendid reel, Ard .
Old 05-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: It looks like you have scored a winner with that combination, can't wait to see your first fish with it.

Larry
Old 05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

You guy's are too cool! The rod is a 1964 Orvis 8' 11" Light Salmon 8wt. with out the butt extension it is 8' 6" but without the extension landing a big fish is tiring and hard on the rod. With the butt you use both hands on the rod and never even think of bracing the rod half way up the butt section. That is a good way to snap your wood.

Yeah Frank, splendid indeed, heck I have four wood rods and owning them has enhanced my vocabulary to the point of ostentation.

Larry, I will be looking to make it a King.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Sweet outfit man, very nice.
I do have to ask,,, what did ya hit your thumb with
Bear
Old 05-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Hammer while working on the ceiling out at the cabin. OUCH!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

A handsome set-up indeed ol' top. Quite spiffy. Had to do it with the British reel. It is very nice.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:41 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hammer while working on the ceiling out at the cabin. OUCH!
OH damn, that hurts,
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: That would be way cool to land a King on that outfit, sure hope you're able to. Good luck!

Larry
Old 05-25-2009, 05:20 AM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about

Sweet! I have never cast a two hander, much less a bamboo. That would be a class act on salmon rivers out here.