The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Photos of New Riverboat !!! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/9644-photos-new-riverboat.html)

Hardyreels 05-26-2009 03:09 PM

Photos of New Riverboat !!!

6 Attachment(s)
I have been busy working both at home and away but the fish are starting to show and we are getting ready to go. This boat was used three times prior to our buying it, 18.5' tunnel hull with good cargo space and room for three.
Attachment 2332

Attachment 2333

Attachment 2334

Larry & Frank, you guys know about this style of boat and I'm sure it looks familiar to you both. I would have liked the 34K Wooldrige but then I ride a KLR 650 not a Goldwing. This will get it done.

Ard

Frank Whiton 05-26-2009 03:36 PM

Re: Photos of New Riverboat !!!

Hi Ard,

Nice setup for sure. Especially the console. I miss the jet not being painted red.:icon_razz

Frank

Hardyreels 05-26-2009 03:47 PM

If I painted that motor Nancy would........... well she wouldn't like it. I'm taking it to the mouth of the Little Su tomorrow.

mcnerney 05-26-2009 05:23 PM

Ard: Nice looking package, I too like the console setup. Good luck on the Su!

Larry

Jimmie 05-26-2009 07:15 PM

That's a sweet boat. I like that a lot. What is the size of the Honda motor?

Hardyreels 05-26-2009 11:56 PM

Jimmie,

It came with a 35 Hp. Hydro jet with 9hrs. use on it. We would like to have a bigger motor but the one with the boat seems to push it along well. Our old boat had a 115 hp. Evinrude on it but the weight of the motor alone affected the draft of the boat. This rig will run shallow, real shallow. The good news is Honda outboards have a good reputation for dependability and fuel economy.

When you get right down to it I'm really not in a hurry. Going fast is how you miss seeing the nest with the two baby eagles in it or the brown bear just inside the treeline.

Jimmie 05-28-2009 02:49 PM

Ard:
I love that boat. I've googled everything that I can think to see if I can find one in this area. Gooled "riverboat"; "sockeye"; "aluminum"; etc. Any ideas?
BTW there are some pretty good deals on others.
Jimmie

Frank Whiton 05-28-2009 02:58 PM

Hi Ard,

That motor will work fine with a light load. If you load up for a trip to the cabin it might be another story.

Hey Jimmie,

Do a search on Jet Boats. You will get a ton of listings.

Frank

newcondo 06-01-2009 08:05 AM

hi
am new in this forum and i want to know more about that topic
and whatever i read thats great information.

Atlanta Condos

Belize Condos

Frank Whiton 06-01-2009 09:33 AM

Hi Newcondo,

Your question is not clear to me. Are you asking for more information about jet powered river boats in general? Or, are you asking for more information about the boat that Ard bought?

Frank