The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Photos of New Riverboat !!!

I have been busy working both at home and away but the fish are starting to show and we are getting ready to go. This boat was used three times prior to our buying it, 18.5' tunnel hull with good cargo space and room for three.
Attachment 2332

Attachment 2333

Attachment 2334

Larry & Frank, you guys know about this style of boat and I'm sure it looks familiar to you both. I would have liked the 34K Wooldrige but then I ride a KLR 650 not a Goldwing. This will get it done.

Ard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sockeye 10001.jpg (108.8 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg Sockeye 20001.jpg (94.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Sockeye 30001.jpg (98.2 KB, 109 views)

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Photos of New Riverboat !!!

Hi Ard,

Nice setup for sure. Especially the console. I miss the jet not being painted red.

Frank
Old 05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

If I painted that motor Nancy would........... well she wouldn't like it. I'm taking it to the mouth of the Little Su tomorrow.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Nice looking package, I too like the console setup. Good luck on the Su!

Larry
Old 05-26-2009, 07:15 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

That's a sweet boat. I like that a lot. What is the size of the Honda motor?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Jimmie,

It came with a 35 Hp. Hydro jet with 9hrs. use on it. We would like to have a bigger motor but the one with the boat seems to push it along well. Our old boat had a 115 hp. Evinrude on it but the weight of the motor alone affected the draft of the boat. This rig will run shallow, real shallow. The good news is Honda outboards have a good reputation for dependability and fuel economy.

When you get right down to it I'm really not in a hurry. Going fast is how you miss seeing the nest with the two baby eagles in it or the brown bear just inside the treeline.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:49 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Ard:
I love that boat. I've googled everything that I can think to see if I can find one in this area. Gooled "riverboat"; "sockeye"; "aluminum"; etc. Any ideas?
BTW there are some pretty good deals on others.
Jimmie
Old 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ard,

That motor will work fine with a light load. If you load up for a trip to the cabin it might be another story.

Hey Jimmie,

Do a search on Jet Boats. You will get a ton of listings.

Frank
Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM

newcondo is on a distinguished road

hi
am new in this forum and i want to know more about that topic
and whatever i read thats great information.

Atlanta Condos

Belize Condos
Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Hi Newcondo,

Your question is not clear to me. Are you asking for more information about jet powered river boats in general? Or, are you asking for more information about the boat that Ard bought?

Frank