The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 06:22 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about
Default Trout don't live in ugly places...#2

I am particularly proud of this shot. Forgive me if I don't divulge the location of this one:

Click the image to open in full size.

And a shot of one of the inhabitants. Notice tgoodwater2002's Emerging Caddis from the emerger swap stuck in his lip. Easily my best brookie of the year:

Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Dotsonnt will become famous soon enoughDotsonnt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Trout don't live in ugly places...#2

BEAUTIFUL Fish! That is exactly what i fish for!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 PM

jared051791 is on a distinguished road

location and fish are absolutely gorgeous!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:02 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about

Thanks man! If i had to design the perfect brook trout hole, that spot would be it. That fish is a monster for that little stream and he still wasn't the biggest fish to come out of that pool. My buddy landed this pig: I love the idea that the ancestors of these fish were living in this spot something like 20,000 years ago....

Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice photos and it is really cool to see you catch that beauty with one of the emerger fly swap flies. Nice going.

Larry
Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Nice fishys I love the look of those brookies.
You hit the nail right on the head with the title of the thread too.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

These are two of the numerous reasons...we love....flyfishing
Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 AM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely beautiful spot and fish! I wished I lived anywhere near a spot like that for Brookies. I guess it is a good thing that most people think you are nuts for wanting to catch small fish like that. Keeps the masses away from spots like that. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great shots-- There's something so amazingly perfect about the colors of a brook trout, especially a wild one. And they deserve to live in beautiful places like that pool.

Congrats to you and tgoodwater!

mark
Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! Trout on bamboo in a splendid* setting earned you a rep point .
That reel looks sweet as well!

Now that I own and fish a bamboo rod myself, I am required to use the word splendid
at least once a day .